Ryan has worked on behalf of injured South Carolinians his entire legal career, beginning in law school when he clerked for a Columbia personal injury firm for two years. As an associate attorney at Shelly Leeke Law Firm, Ryan’s areas of practice include general civil litigation, serious personal injury, premises liability, dram shop, products liability, automobile collisions, motorcycle wrecks, and heavy trucking litigation.
Prior to joining the Shelly Leeke Law Firm, Ryan practiced for four years at a mid-sized Charleston law firm where he gained extensive litigation experience in a wide variety of personal injury areas. Ryan clerked for the Honorable Diane S. Goodstein of the First Judicial Circuit immediately following law school.
Ryan graduated with Distinction from the University of North Carolina’s Kenan-Flagler Business School where he earned a degree in Business Administration. After college, he attended the University of South Carolina School of Law on a merit scholarship where he served as an Articles Editor on the Southeastern Environmental Law Journal.
Ryan lives in Mount Pleasant with his wife and their dog, Teddy. When not in the office, he enjoys spending time with family and friends, playing golf and watching Tar Heel athletics.
Ryan was recently named to the South Carolina Rising Stars list published by South Carolina Super Lawyers. South Carolina Rising Stars recongnizes outstanding attorneys who are 40 or under, or who have been practicing for 10 years or less. No more than 2.5% of South Carolina lawyers are named on this list.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
· Personal Injury
· Premises Liability
· Dram Shop
· Products Liability
· Automobile Collisions
· Motorcycle Wrecks
· Heavy Trucking Litigation
· South Carolina, 2010
· “Winning Your Case at the Truck Driver’s Deposition”, The Lawyer’s Logbook, Vol. 3, No. 5, Winter 2014
· “The DOT Exam — A Springboard to Proving Driver Fatigue”, The Lawyer’s Logbook, Vol. 2, No. 5, Winter 2013
· University of South Carolina School of Law, Columbia, South Carolina, 2010
· University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, 2007
Honors: With Distinction
Major: Business Administration – Finance Concentration
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
· South Carolina Bar
· South Carolina Bar – Young Lawyers Division
· South Carolina Association of Justice
· Charleston County Bar Association
· American Bar Association