Frugal Ways to Stay Fit in the New Year
1. Use Self Check-Out at Stores: Using self check-out is often faster than waiting on a cashier, and it's better for you too. Scan and bag your own groceries, and you'll squeeze more exercise into your day.
2. Check Out Exercise Videos from the Library: If your library has a video collection, exercise videos are probably a part of it. Check out a different exercise DVD or tape each week, and you'll never get bored with your fitness routine.
3. Take Steps Instead of the Elevator: There's a reason you've heard this tip before: it works. So skip the elevator and head for those stairs.
4. Clean Your House: A 150-pound person can expect to burn 216 calories with 30 minutes of housework.
5. Walk Away the Pounds: Lace up your sneakers and get those feet in gear. Walking is the ultimate in free exercise.
6. Find an Exercise Program on TV: Turn time in front of the TV into workout time by following along with one of the many exercise programs on TV. Even public television has exercise programs, so lack of cable is no excuse!
7. Turn on Some Music and Dance: Grab your favorite tunes, and get your body in motion. Dancing is great exercise – and it doesn't cost a dime.
8. Do Your Own Exercise at Home: Use paint cans or rocks to work your biceps; Use a chair to work your triceps; Do sit ups and push-ups without any equipment.
9. Shop the Perimeter of the Grocery Store: an easy way to avoid the expensive convenience foods that are usually stocked front and middle aisles.
Overall, make sure not to push yourself too hard- an injury can set back your exercise routine to where you started. Shelly Leeke Law Firm believes that you can achieve your weight-loss goals! We look forward to hearing about your success a year from now!