If you have been injured in a South Carolina accident you may be entitled to recover compensation through a South Carolina personal injury claim. Consulting with a Goose Creek personal injury attorney is the best way to determine all the legal options you may have available.
When it comes to your claim and dealing with the insurance company you should be aware of tactics and tricks that they may attempt to use against you. An insurance company's ultimate goal is to get you to settle quickly and to settle for a low amount.
The top 5 tricks that an insurance adjuster may use in your South Carolina personal injury claim include:
- secretly videotape you in order to catch you doing something that invalidates your claim and the injuries you have sustained;
- ask confusing questions and get you to provide a recorded statement that can be used against you;
- get you to sign a medical authorization form that releases all of your medical information to them;
- deny your injuries are as severe or extensive as they are; and
- delay settling your claim in the hopes you will end up settling for a lesser amount.
The best way to proceed with your case is to allow a Goose Creek personal injury attorney to handle negotiations with the insurance company in your South Carolina personal injury claim.
You can learn more about common insurance adjuster tactics by visiting our article library.
Seeking the Help of a Goose Creek Personal Injury Attorney
The Goose Creek personal injury attorney team at the Shelly Leeke Law Firm is available to help accident victims cope with the legal implications of a serious injury. Our firm's focus on personal injury cases includes injury from auto accidents including pedestrian and bicycle injuries, work-related injuries and Workers' Compensation claims, and injuries resulting from dangerous prescription drugs.
Before you file a South Carolina personal injury claim, request a free copy of our South Carolina injury book. When you're ready to get started on settling your accident claim, contact a Goose Creek personal injury attorney for a free information packet and consultation, 1-888-690-0211.