Go to navigation Go to content
Toll-Free: 1-888-690-0211
Phone: (843) 277-6061
Shelly Leeke Law Firm, LLC

How do I get a copy of my South Carolina traffic accident report?

If you have been involved in a traffic accident and police arrived at the scene, then you will receive a green form (FR-10) that will need to be completed by the insurance company. Then, you will want to request the accident report so that you and your attorney have a detailed account of what happened in the accident. The law enforcement individual who gave you the green form will complete their investigation and give their report to the Department of Motor Vehicles. You can then request a copy of the accident report from the DMV by completing a Form FR-50 and include payment for the $6.00 fee. The accident report can also be obtained from the investigating officer, such as the South Carolina Highway Patrol. However, if you choose to hire a South Carolina personal injury attorney, they will be able to assist you with getting the traffic accident report while you concentrate on recovering from your injuries.
Shelly Leeke
South Carolina Injury Lawyer

Live Chat