Go to navigation Go to content
Toll-Free: 1-888-690-0211
Phone: (843) 277-6061
Shelly Leeke Law Firm, LLC

I was crossing the street and was hit by a car. What should I do?

Call the police and make sure that you wait where the accident occurred until medical help arrives. While you are waiting, if possible, try to write down all of the contact information of the driver, including name, address, phone number, drivers license and license plate number, registration, and insurance company and policy number. Also, make sure that you write down the contact information for anyone who may have seen the accident when it happened. If the police do not come to the scene of the accident, you should file a report as soon as possible. Let your insurance company know about the accident. Also, even if the accident was a hit-and-run, make sure that you report it to the police and your insurance company.
Shelly Leeke
South Carolina Injury Lawyer

Live Chat