Go to navigation Go to content
Toll-Free: 1-888-690-0211
Phone: (843) 277-6061
Shelly Leeke Law Firm, LLC

If I am hurt on the job, can I go to my own doctor?

Once you report the on the job injury, usually the employer will send you to a treating physician of their choice to treat you for your injury. If you are unhappy with the medical treatment you receive, you have the right to seek a second opinion from your own doctor or a doctor of your choice. If you feel that you need a second opinion for your work injury, you should notify your employer and seek the advice of an experienced South Carolina workers’ compensation attorney who can make sure that your right to adequate medical treatment is protected.
Shelly Leeke
South Carolina Injury Lawyer

Live Chat