Go to navigation Go to content
Toll-Free: 1-888-690-0211
Phone: (843) 277-6061
Shelly Leeke Law Firm, LLC

My spouse or family member passed away from mesothelioma or an asbestos-related cancer. Can I still file an asbestos lawsuit in South Carolina?

In this case, you would be able to file a wrongful death lawsuit on behalf of your spouse or family member. Through this type of lawsuit, you will receive compensation for loss of companionship, funeral and medical expenses, loss of future earnings, and more. However, in South Carolina, you only have three years from the death of your loved one to file a wrongful death claim. As a result, it is important to contact a South Carolina mesothelioma attorney as soon as possible, so that they can advise you on how to begin pursuing a lawsuit. 

For more information on South Carolina wrongful death lawsuits, click here.
Shelly Leeke
South Carolina Injury Lawyer

Live Chat