Go to navigation Go to content
Toll-Free: 1-888-690-0211
Phone: (843) 277-6061
Shelly Leeke Law Firm, LLC

My wife was involved in a car accident with a drunk driver who had just left a bar. Is there any way to sue the bar?

Yes, in South Carolina, a person, a bar or a restaurant is not allowed to sell alcoholic beverages to an intoxicated person. If a bar serves an intoxicated person and that person then causes injury to someone else, the bar may be sued for liability as a result of the damages caused by the intoxicated person. This is referred to as Dram Shop Liability.  If you are injured by a drunk driver, it is important that you speak with a qualified personal injury attorney immediately. An experienced accident attorney will be able to assess and evaluate all the potential claims you may have against the drunk driver and possibly the business or person that served him alcohol.
Shelly Leeke
South Carolina Injury Lawyer

Live Chat