Go to navigation Go to content
Toll-Free: 1-888-690-0211
Phone: (843) 277-6061
Shelly Leeke Law Firm, LLC

Your Legal Questions Answered.

Answering Your Questions. Protecting Your Legal Rights.

If you or a loved one has been involved in an accident, you probably have many questions. Below are the answers to many questions faced by accident victims in South Carolina. If you do not see the answer to your question, just call our office or email Shelly directly - [email protected].

Research Your Case. Expand Your Knowledge.

  • Page 2
  • In South Carolina, are persons living in nursing homes protected under law?

    Yes, the Omnibus Adult Protection Act was put in place to protect the rights of those living in nursing homes.  Under the law, employees at nursing homes are required to report any abuse that they suspect to have occurred and if they do not report the abuse, then they are required to pay a fine.  Moreover, the Omnibus Adult Protection Act mandates that anyone who has been proven of neglecting a resident of a nursing home will face criminal penalties.

  • Do I need to file a lawsuit if my family member has been abused?

    You may or may not need to file a lawsuit- it is dependent upon the details of your specific case. That is why it is important to take advantage of a free consultation with an experienced South Carolina nursing home lawyer who will be able to evaluate and assist you with your case and determine whether or not you need to file a lawsuit.

  • Is it necessary to have the contract between the family or victim and the nursing home available to show the attorney?

    When you consult with an attorney, it is important that you bring the contract with you for them to review. Additionally, if you have any other contracts with the nursing home, you should bring them as well so that the attorney is fully informed of the legal relationship that was made with the nursing home.

Live Chat