Go to navigation Go to content
Toll-Free: 1-888-690-0211
Phone: (843) 277-6061
Shelly Leeke Law Firm, LLC

What damages can I recover in an accident case that was caused by a person who was driving under the influence?

If you are injured in an accident involving a drunk driver, you are entitled to recover your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, property damages and other expenses directly associated with the accident. Because the driver who hit you was intoxicated, which is illegal, you may also be able to obtain punitive damages.

Punitive Damages are damages which may be awarded to the Plaintiff by a judge or jury in certain cases where the negligence is more severe than simple negligence. Punitive damages are meant to deter the conduct which caused the accident, in this case, drunk driving.
Shelly Leeke
South Carolina Injury Lawyer

Live Chat