Go to navigation Go to content
Toll-Free: 1-888-690-0211
Phone: (843) 277-6061
Shelly Leeke Law Firm, LLC

What is Uninsured Motorist coverage or UM?

Uninsured Motorist Coverage or UM is different from Underinsured Motorist Coverage. UM coverage is on your personal car insurance policy and goes into effect when the person at fault for your accident does not have insurance.

In South Carolina you are required to carry at least $25,000 in Unisured Motorist Coverage. Thus, if you are in an accident and the at fault driver does not have car insurance, you will put in a UM claim with your car insurance for your losses.

Shelly Leeke
South Carolina Injury Lawyer

Live Chat