After a South Carolina Traffic Accident
If you're able, follow these steps after a South Carolina traffic accident, including:
- leave your vehicle where it is unless it is in an unsafe spot;
- contact the police department;
- call 911 if there are any serious injuries;
- move to a safe spot;
- look over the police report for accuracy;
- document the details of your accident;
- get contact information from any witnesses;
- take pictures of the damage to all involved vehicles;
- get contact information of the towing company if your vehicle is being towed;
- seek immediate medical attention, even if your injuries appear to be minor;
- don't discuss the accident with anyone;
- don't provide a recorded statement to others; and
- seek legal counsel.
It is always a good idea to speak with a Charleston car accident lawyer to determine whether you have a valid South Carolina personal injury claim. Sometimes injuries that appear to be minor at the onset will turn into something more serious. You want to make sure that you are protected in the event this happens.
A Charleston car accident lawyer can work with you to collect all of the necessary evidence to build a solid South Carolina personal injury claim. In addition, a Charleston car accident lawyer can help you to receive compensation to which you may be entitled in order to cover your medical expenses and lost wages.
Contacting a Charleston Car Accident Lawyer Today
Before you file a South Carolina personal injury claim, request a copy of our complimentary consumer guide, The South Carolina Accident Book for Personal Injury Victims. When you're ready to get started on settling your car accident claim, contact a Charleston car accident lawyer for a complimentary information packet and consultation - 888-690-0211.