The role of the FMCSA is to:
- enforce safety regulations;
- target high-risk drivers and carriers;
- improve information systems and technologies;
- strengthen operating standards; and
- increase safety awareness.
Responsibilities of the FMCSA
Some of the responsibilities of the FMCSA include:
- Data and Analysis - collect and disseminate data concerning carrier safety and resources to improve safety;
- Research and Technology - coordinate research and technological developments to improve safety;
- Commercial Drivers' Licenses - develop standards for testing and licensing of truck drivers;
- Regulatory Compliance and Enforcement - operate safety program to improve performance and eliminate high risk carriers from the nation's roads; and
- Safety Assistance -financially helps states with roadside inspection and other types of safety programs.
These are just some of the responsibilities that the FMCSA has over truck drivers and their companies.
While the FMCSA works to make the roads safer, the fact remains that because of the negligence of another, a truck accident in South Carolina can still happen. If you have been seriously injured in a South Carolina truck accident, a South Carolina truck accident lawyer will investigate your case to determine if the truck driver and/or the trucking company may be responsible for your injuries and will help you to fight for the damages that you may be entitled to.
Seeking the Help of a South Carolina Truck Accident Attorney
The South Carolina personal injury attorney team at the Shelly Leeke Law Firm is available to help accident victims cope with the legal implications of a serious injury. Our firm's focus on personal injury cases includes injury from auto accidents including pedestrian and bicycle injuries, work-related injuries and Workers' Compensation claims, and injuries resulting from dangerous prescription drugs.
Before you file a South Carolina personal injury claim, request a free copy of our South Carolina injury book. When you're ready to get started on settling your truck accident claim, contact a Charleston personal injury attorney for a free information packet and consultation, 1-888-690-0211.