Go to navigation Go to content
Toll-Free: 1-888-690-0211
Phone: (843) 277-6061
Shelly Leeke Law Firm, LLC

Your Legal Questions Answered.

Answering Your Questions. Protecting Your Legal Rights.

If you or a loved one has been involved in an accident, you probably have many questions. Below are the answers to many questions faced by accident victims in South Carolina. If you do not see the answer to your question, just call our office or email Shelly directly - [email protected].

Research Your Case. Expand Your Knowledge.

  • Page 3
  • If I am hurt on the job, can I go to my own doctor?

    Once you report the on the job injury, usually the employer will send you to a treating physician of their choice to treat you for your injury. If you are unhappy with the medical treatment you receive, you have the right to seek a second opinion from your own doctor or a doctor of your choice. If you feel that you need a second opinion for your work injury, you should notify your employer and seek the advice of an experienced South Carolina workers’ compensation attorney who can make sure that your right to adequate medical treatment is protected.

  • Will I receive a paycheck while I am out of work for my injuries?

    You are entitled to a recover a portion of your lost wages during the duration of your time out of work related to your work injury claim. Your employer is also responsible for paying for your medical bills and expenses. In addition, if you are permanently disabled as a result of your work injury, or if you suffer permanent partial disability, disfigurement, or if you are the loved one of someone killed on the job, you may be entitled to additional recovery.

Live Chat