How to Find the Right Personal Injury Attorney For Your Case
Remember that not every attorney will meet all of these criteria, but the absence of several of the following should cause you to question the quality of the attorney.
• Experience- obviously, the longer the lawyer has been practicing a particular area of the law, the more knowledgeable they will be.
• Respect in the legal community- Is the attorney involved in the legal community? Does he or she stay continuously up to date on current cases and laws pertaining to your case?
• Membership in trial lawyer associations- In our area, you can certainly find a lawyer who is a member of the South Carolina Association of Justice and the American Association for Justice. These organizations provide extensive education and networking for trial lawyers.
• Publications- Has your attorney written anything that has been accepted for publication in legal journals? This is another sign of respect that the legal community has for his or her skills and experience.
• Ask your attorney if he or she is licensed in the state where your case will be filed. We believe that an attorney who is not licensed in the state where the case will be filed is at a disadvantage when it comes to negotiating with the insurance company. The insurance companies know who is not licensed and thus cannot actually try the case. Dealing with a lawyer who is not licensed in South Carolina can be a “kiss of death” to your claim.
• Choose an attorney that is both competent and who you feel comfortable with.
Call us today and we will gladly provide you with a complimentary case evaluation. Call 843-277-6061 or contact us online.