What Will a Lawyer Do for a Family Who Has Suffered a Wrongful Death?
The assistance and legal advice of a SC wrongful death lawyer is always recommended after the wrongful death of a loved one. A lawyer can help ease the burden and stress that will follow the loved one's death. A lawyer can help a family get compensation for the wrongful death case and much more. Here is a list of just some of the things that a South Carolina wrongful death attorney can do for your case:
1) Open the estate in Probate and ensure that an appropriate Personal Representative is appointed;
2) Guide the family through the Probate process;
3) Represent the family and the deceased's estate to make sure that their rights are not violated;
4) Determine the facts of the incident and liability;
6) If no settlement is agreed upon, determine the appropriate court in which to file the lawsuit.
The sudden death of a loved one as a result of another's negligence, reckless conduct, or intentional acts is unexpected and tragic. It is important that the family seek the advice of a lawyer to not only protect their rights, but the rights of their deceased loved one.
Shelly Leeke Law Firm is here to help! If you or someone you know has lost a loved one due to the fault of another and have questions about filing a wrongful death lawsuit, contact Charleston wrongful death Attorney Shelly Leeke for a consultation and case evaluation at 843-277-6061 or toll free at 1-888-690-0211. Click here if you are unsure as to what to bring to a free wrongful death case consultation.