Associate Attorneys; Litigation Paralegal and Legal Assistant Openings
At the Shelly Leeke Law Firm we believe in promoting from within and training our employees for long-term careers in the legal field.
We have immediate openings for: Associate Attorneys; a Litigation Paralegal and a General Paralegal/Legal Assistant.
Associate Attorneys: We are seeking associate attorneys with 0-3 years’ experience to join our headquarters in North Charleston, SC.
The candidate should have excellent academic credentials, must be licensed in, and be in good standing with, the South Carolina Bar.
The ideal candidate communicates effectively and posseses excellent written, verbal and analytical skills. Although the candidate will receive support and assistance, candidates must have the ability and experience to independently manage and move pending cases forward.
Firm offers competitive salary and benefits. All inquiries will be confidential. Please send cover letter, resume and references, as a PDF or WORD attachment to: [email protected]
Litigation Paralegal: We are rapidly expanding! Our plaintiff’s personal injury firm is searching for a superstar paralegal with at least two (2) years of litigation experience to join our team. This is a full-time position with a generous starting salary, plus benefits and potential bonuses. Normal office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Paralegal Certification required.
2 Year Associate’s Degree or 4 Year Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Specific Job Requirements:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strict attention to detail and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Interact with a diverse group of co-workers and clients in a mature, professional manner, in person and on the phone.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 2016 (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Case Management Software (Needles experience is a plus).
- The ability to draft pleadings, answer discovery and schedule depositions, amongst other skills.
- Be familiar with State Courts, Federal US District Court and fully understand the insurance claims process.
Case and document management; Draft pleadings and discovery (disclosures & subpoenas); Preparations for: hearings, arbitration, mediation and trials; Assisting with calendars, docketing and related litigation work.
Candidate must possess a great attitude and willingness to work as part of a team to accomplish tasks. You must have the ability to pass a background check.
Please send an email with your resume as a PDF or WORD attachment to: [email protected]
Legal Assistants: We're seeking full-time legal assistants who have a minimum of 2 years experience working as a legal assistant in a plaintiff's personal injury and/or workers' compensation practice. Superb customer relations skills and a great personality are required. We are a law firm that truly cares about helping people. We're looking for candidates who share our dedication to great client service and satisfaction.
- Establish and organize case files for new and existing clients
- Maintain case management system by uploading all client documents
- Request and follow up on police reports, medical records and bills, insurance information and other supporting evidence
- Prepare demand packages for forwarding to insurance companies/defense attorneys
- Maintain strong communication with clients/colleagues regarding case status
- Scan, save, enter documents into the case management system
- Communicate with adjusters; set up claims
- Draft letters, labels and general typing assignments
- Responsible for paper and electronic filing
- Various duties as assigned by attorneys, including some secretarial and legal assistant work
- Experience using Needles Case Management System; In your Cover Letter, please indicate your level of experience/or training
- Law firm Experience with Personal Injury or Worker's Compensation law
- Strong ability to multi-task and strong organizational skills
- Positive attitude and ability to work in a team environment
- Bi-Lingual (English + Spanish, or Other)
If you're looking for a long-term, stable position with a successful business and want the opportunity for personal growth and financial security, then come join our team at the Shelly Leeke Law Firm! Our headquarters is conveniently located on Ashley Phosphate Road in North Charleston, SC.