Job Description: The Financial Controller has fiduciary responsibility for directing the company’s overall financial policies and functions. They will develop, plan, organize, implement, evaluate and report on the organizations’ fiscal performance and financial obligations. This position reports to the managing partner, is an active participant / strategic partner on the Leadership Team, and leads the accounting, finance, and risk management departments.
- Manage accounting, credit, cash flow, insurance, tax, and banking relationships.
- Prepare accurate and timely financial statements, business activity reports, financial position forecasts and annual budgets as required by the CEO.
- Develop and report out on managerial accounting and operational measurements to support understanding of the business and drive decision making.
- Assist in ensuring P/L targets are being achieved or exceeded. Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision making issues affecting the organization (i.e., evaluation of potential alliances, acquisitions, mergers, contracts, loans and investments).
- Establish credibility throughout the organization and with the Leadership Team as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
- Lead and oversee the establishment and operation of financial/accounting systems, inclusive of procedures and practices in line with ethical rules, to improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the company.
- Ensure continual improvement of the budgeting process through education of department managers on financial issues impacting department budgets.
- Optimize the handling of bank and deposit relationships and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash position. Implement policies to ensure the security of funds and all assets of the company. Manage the organization’s financials, providing CEO with accurate and timely data.
- Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes cash thresholds to meet operating needs.
- Manage direct reports, plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group, and provide individuals training, regular feedback, performance reviews and developmental activities to ensure movement toward a high performance organization.
- Provide technical financial advice and knowledge to others within the finance department.
- Ability to think strategically and execute operationally.
- Uncompromising integrity and ethical standards.
- Ability to build and retain trust, instill teamwork, delegate effectively, and foster collaborative relationships.
- Experience in and understanding of management operations.
- Highly professional and effective written, verbal, listening and presentation skills.
- Self-confidence and willingness to take a stand; not intimidated by ambiguity.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and organization.
- Ability to instill and adhere to firm culture.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position is responsible for the direct supervision of the accounting department.
Required Education and Experience:
- BS – Finance or Accounting.
- MBA and/or CPA/CMA strongly preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience, preferably with multi-site operations
- Sound financial skills and experience in financial reporting, forecasting, modeling and analysis, cash flow management, internal controls and auditing procedures
- Experience in a financial management role, partnering with executive staff, resulting in the development and implementation of productive financial management strategies
- Experience in implementation desired
- Strong Excel skills is a must, with advanced skills such as pivot tables, macros, graphs Proficient in various computer programs including Microsoft Office
- Experience with Quickbooks
In this position, we offer a competitive salary of $60K with a benefits package. All inquiries will be confidential. Please send cover letter, resume and references, as a PDF or WORD attachment to: hrcoordinator@LeekeLaw.com.