Depending on how old the South Carolina school is, it is possible that asbestos was used in the building. Asbestos was commonly used as insulation to wrap around pipes and it was also used in ceiling tiles and wallboard. This type of asbestos, called friable asbestos, can be especially harmful because it can be inhaled in the lungs. If you are concerned that there might be asbestos in your child’s school, then it is recommended that you speak with someone from the school about your concern. If your child is showing symptoms of asbestos exposure, then be sure to take them to the doctor immediately and then consult with an attorney regarding a South Carolina asbestos claim.