Rear-end collisions are one of the most common types of car accidents in the United States, and they can result in serious injuries and property damage. If you or a loved one has been involved in a rear-end collision in Beaufort, South Carolina, seeking legal representation as soon as possible is important. An experienced Beaufort rear-end collisions attorney at Shelly Leeke Law Firm can provide the guidance and support you need to navigate the legal process.
Recoverable Damages in Beaufort Rear-End Collision Cases
According to data from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, rear-end collisions account for approximately 29% of nationwide motor vehicle accidents. The impact can be significant when you are involved in a rear-end collision. It can lead to physical injuries, emotional distress, financial loss, and property damage.
As a rear-end collision victim, you may be entitled to recover damages from the at-fault driver or their insurance company.
These expenses include medical treatment, hospitalization, medication, rehabilitation, and any other expenses related to your recovery. Keep track of all your medical expenses related to the accident, including any out-of-pocket expenses you may have incurred.
If you cannot work due to the injuries you sustained in the accident, you may be entitled to recover lost wages. This includes the wages you have already lost and any future lost wages that you may incur due to your injuries. You must provide documentation, such as pay stubs and work schedules, to prove your lost wages.
If your vehicle or other property was damaged in the accident, you might be entitled to recover compensation for the cost of repairs or replacement. It is important to have your property assessed by a professional to determine the extent of the damage and the cost of repairs.
Pain and Suffering
This includes the physical pain and emotional distress you have experienced due to the accident. Pain and suffering damages are more difficult to quantify than economic damages, such as medical expenses and lost wages. They may be determined by factors such as the severity of your injuries, the length of your recovery period, and the impact of the accident on your quality of life.
Loss of Consortium
Loss of consortium refers to the loss of companionship, affection, and support that a spouse or partner may experience due to the accident. If your injuries have affected your relationship with your spouse or partner, you may be entitled to recover compensation for this loss.
They are intended to punish the driver for their conduct and to deter others from engaging in similar behavior. To recover punitive damages, you must be able to show that the at-fault driver acted with malice or willful disregard for your safety.
Compensation for Other Losses
In addition to these damages, you may also be entitled to recover compensation for other losses, such as the cost of hiring a caregiver, transportation expenses, and other out-of-pocket expenses related to the accident. An attorney can negotiate with insurance companies, gather evidence, and represent you in court.
For a free legal consultation with a rear-end collisions lawyer serving Beaufort, call 1-844-736-8342
Common Causes of Beaufort Rear-End Collisions
The South Carolina Department of Public Safety reported nearly 20,000 rear-end collisions annually. Rear-end collisions can happen for a variety of reasons, but some of the most common causes include the following:
- Distracted Driving: Distracted driving is a leading cause of rear-end collisions. Drivers texting, talking on the phone, eating, or engaging in other distracting activities are more likely to be involved in a rear-end collision.
- Tailgating: When a driver follows too closely behind another vehicle, they may not have enough time to stop if the vehicle suddenly slows down or stops. Tailgating is a common cause of rear-end collisions.
- Speeding: When a driver travels at high speed, they may not have enough time to stop if the vehicle in front of them slows down or stops suddenly. Speeding is a common cause of rear-end collisions.
- Failure to Yield: If a driver fails to yield to another vehicle, they may collide with the back of that vehicle. This can happen when a driver fails to yield at a stop sign, yield sign, or traffic light.
- Driver Fatigue: When fatigued, drivers may have slower reaction times and impaired judgment. This can make it difficult for them to avoid a rear-end collision if the vehicle in front of them suddenly slows down or stops.
- Weather Conditions: Adverse weather conditions, such as rain, snow, or ice, can make it more difficult for drivers to see and react to other vehicles on the road.
- Mechanical Failure: If a vehicle experiences a mechanical failure, such as brake failure or a tire blowout, the driver may be unable to stop in time to avoid a rear-end collision.
In some cases, rear-end collisions may be caused by a combination of these factors. Regardless of the cause, rear-end collisions can result in serious injuries and property damage.
Beaufort Rear-End Collisions Lawyer Near Me 1-844-736-8342
How a Beaufort Rear-End Collisions Lawyer Can Help
A skilled Beaufort rear-end collisions lawyer can provide invaluable support to those involved in a rear-end collision. One of the primary ways that an attorney can help is by investigating the accident and gathering evidence to build a strong case. This includes gathering witness statements, police reports, and scene photographs.
A rear-end collisions attorney in Beaufort can work with experts and medical professionals, to help build a compelling case. By building a strong case, a rear-end collisions lawyer in Beaufort can help increase the chances of a favorable outcome, whether through negotiation or litigation.
Another way an attorney can help is by negotiating with insurance companies on your behalf. An attorney can work with the insurance company to calculate the damages you are entitled to, so you can focus on your recovery rather than the legal process.
Click to contact our South Carolina Rear-End Collisions Attorney today
Contact Shelly Leeke Law Firm for a Beaufort Rear-End Collisions Attorney
At Shelly Leeke Law Firm, a Beaufort rear-end collisions attorney can provide you with the guidance, support, and legal representation you need to recover from a rear-end collision. They can help you pursue your legal rights and ensure that you receive fair compensation for your injuries and losses. Contact us today.
Call or text 1-844-736-8342 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form