It is not unusual for the impact of a car crash to be felt across virtually every aspect of the victim’s life. When someone else is responsible for causing your injuries, they should also be required to cover your losses in full. However, making them pay may be more challenging than you thought.
Fortunately, when you contact a Walterboro car accident attorney at Shelly Leeke Law Firm for help, you can take steps to recover the benefits and compensation you deserve without dealing with the anxiety and stress of insurance negotiations and a difficult lawsuit. Call for a 100% free consultation today to get started.
Types of Car Accidents in Walterboro
There are multiple ways car accidents can happen. However, if you hope to maximize the amount of compensation you are awarded, your car accident attorney in Walterboro, SC will need to evaluate your collision carefully. They will assess how your accident occurred to determine who is responsible for causing the accident.
Some examples of the more common types of motor vehicle accidents we have worked on include:
- Sideswipe accidents
- Accidents at intersections
- Rear-end collisions
- T-bone accidents
- Highway accidents
- Head-on collisions
- Drunk driving car accidents
- Red light intersection accidents
- Wrong-way driving accidents
- Underride accidents
- Jackknife accidents
- Rollover accidents
These are only a few of the different kinds of car crashes that we often see in the South Carolina civil court system. If possible, at the scene of the accident, do what you can to document property damages, secure the contact information of the other involved parties, and take photos and videos of your injuries.
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Walterboro, call 1-844-736-8342
How to Tell You Have Grounds for a Car Accident Claim
It is normal for victims to wonder how they are going to get through these difficult times. With help from your car accident attorney, you can hold the liable party accountable. However, before you start working with a lawyer, you may not be sure whether you have grounds for a case.
Understanding who has the right to pursue conversation after a car crash is essential. Here are some basic questions you can ask yourself to gauge whether you have grounds for legal action following your car accident:
- Is someone else responsible for causing the collision?
- Was there a mechanical failure?
- What are the road conditions like at the time of the accident?
- Have you suffered significant injuries?
- Has the accident had a substantial impact on your life?
- Are your healthcare providers telling you to prepare to deal with the consequences of your injuries for years to come?
If a negligent accident has injured you to the point it seriously impacts your life, you may have the right to compensation. With help from your car accident lawyer in Walterboro, SC, you can start building a powerful case against the at-fault party so you can access the funds you need to rebuild your life.
Walterboro Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 1-844-736-8342
Explore Your Legal Options with a Walterboro Car Accident Lawyer
There are several ways your car accident attorney can help you get justice after you have been involved in a collision. Generally, injury victims will have the opportunity to pursue one or more of the following options:
- You can file a claim with the liable party’s insurance company. South Carolina is a fault state, so you will file a claim with the liable party’s insurer. Through an insurance claim, you could recover medical expenses, property damages, and perhaps loss of income.
- You can file a claim with your own insurance company if you opted to purchase no-fault or personal injury protection (PIP) coverage. However, filing a claim with your own insurer may be ill-advised, as doing so could increase the amount you are required to pay your insurance company when your policy renews in six months to a year.
- You can file a civil lawsuit against those who are responsible for causing your car accident damages. There is no limit to the amount of compensation you could be awarded for a car accident claim the way there are with insurance settlement restrictions.
These are some of the top ways your car accident attorney in Walterboro may be able to help you get justice. If you are interested in learning more about which options are best suited for your case, do not hesitate to contact our office so we can schedule your free consultation as soon as today.
Click to contact our South Carolina Motor Vehicle Accident Attorneys today
Maximize the Value of Your Car Accident Claim in Walterboro
If you are hoping to recover every loss after being involved in a car accident, pursuing both insurance and civil claims may be well-advised. Here are some of the most common types of damages that could be recouped:
Property damages will cover the costs of any vehicle repairs or the value of your vehicle if it has been totaled. You may also be able to get rental car coverage, get remaining payments on your financed or leased vehicle covered, and get the liable party to cover your increased auto insurance costs as well.
Pain and Suffering
Pain and suffering can include any type of emotional trauma or impact on your life as a whole. Emotional distress, difficulty maintaining relationships with friends and family, inability to participate in intimate spousal relations, lost quality of life, and skin scarring or disfigurement are just a couple of examples of pain and suffering damages that can be recovered after a car crash.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact a Walterboro Car Accident Lawyer for Help Today
After being seriously injured in a car accident, it is important to ensure the culpable party is held accountable. However, securing a just outcome may be more challenging than you thought. Between dealing with the physical implications of your injuries and the financial losses you are experiencing, you may need the legal support of a trusted professional.
Call a reputable Walterboro car accident attorney at Shelly Leeke Law Firm for a free, no-obligation consultation. You can reach us through our online contact form or by phone to start working on your case as soon as today.
Call or text 1-844-736-8342 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form