Workplace injuries can be very stressful and overwhelming. Not only are you now injured, but the injury might prevent you from being able to work and make money. Your bills keep coming in so where do you go from there? The answer to this question is simple: talk to an attorney. A workers’ compensation attorney is very skilled in knowing exactly what to do to relieve much of your stress by fighting to get you the compensation you deserve.
Here are 5 reasons to hire an attorney after a workplace injury:
- To get the benefit of an investigative team-> attorneys can work with investigators to get a better idea of what exactly happened in your accident; this allows your attorney to have all the facts necessary to work on your behalf
- To deal with insurance companies-> dealing with insurance companies can be very difficult, an attorney will make sure the insurance company gives you the compensation you deserve, including weekly checks, medical benefits and a lump sum settlement in many cases
- To help you understand how much your case is worth-> you may not know you are entitled to certain benefits and could end up with a smaller settlement; a skilled workers’ compensation attorney will make sure you receive the amount you are entitled to receive
- If you are injured permanently and cannot work anymore-> permanent workplace injury settlements can be very high so insurance companies and/or your employer could try and fight to deny liability; an attorney will deal with the insurance company and make sure you get all the benefits you are entitled to receive
- You may have a third party claim as well-> oftentimes, workplace injuries are not the fault of a third party, but there are several instances where you may be entitled to not only workers’ compensation benefits but also third party proceeds; the most common example is when a worker is injured in a car wreck while on the clock
Each workers’ compensation case is different. For that reason, it is important to have an experienced workers’ compensation attorney on your side. They will fight to give you a better chance of getting the results you deserve in your case. If you have suffered a workplace injury or have questions regarding your legal rights as an employee, contact a South Carolina Workers’ Compensation attorney at 1-888-690-0211 today for a free consultation.