Exposure to asbestos can be one of the biggest risks to a person’s long-term health that can occur. Worse, this exposure may impact a person years after exposure, leading to difficult-to-treat mesothelioma.
If you are a victim of exposure to asbestos, and you believe someone else is responsible for that exposure and the risks you are facing, seek out a personal injury attorney immediately. A Moncks Corner asbestos exposure lawyer at Shelly Leeke Law Firm can help you learn your legal rights. Our team of skilled Moncks Corner personal injury attorneys are ready to help you take the next step in recovery.
Why You Need an Asbestos Exposure Lawyer in Moncks Corner
Mesothelioma is a devastating diagnosis because it means your symptoms of asbestos exposure have progressed significantly. It is common to feel overwhelmed and unable to do anything about it, but you can take action and get the help you and your family help in the coming months. Hiring an asbestos exposure lawyer in Moncks Corner, SC, can help you:
- Determine if someone else is responsible for the losses you are suffering
- File a claim for any losses you are owed
- Provide you with the ability to receive financial compensation that could help alleviate financial concerns in the future
- Give you an idea if you have a case and what legal strategy may be best for you
- Guide you in taking the next step in filing a claim or a lawsuit
A Moncks Corner asbestos exposure attorney has the experience to help clients facing difficult decisions get the level and type of care they need. Hiring an experienced asbestos exposure attorney in Moncks Corner, SC, may give you the insight and guidance you need to know what all of your legal options are. It empowers you to do something when you may feel as though you have no other options.
Most importantly, it may help you get the financial compensation owed to you – money that you can use to fight this disease.
What to Look for in an Asbestos Exposure Lawyer
Hiring an asbestos attorney is not the easiest process because not just any personal injury attorney is experienced in this very complicated lung disease. It is best to hire an attorney that has the ability to provide you with the highest quality of reliable legal representation possible. Before you hire an attorney, be sure that you know the answers to the following questions:
- Has the attorney previously pursued hospitals, medical professionals, employers, manufacturing companies, or other potentially responsible companies for asbestos exposure?
- Has the attorney helped their clients to receive compensation in these difficult cases in the past?
- How many cases have they helped?
- What legal strategies have they used to help support their client’s needs and best long-term outcomes?
- What type and amount of compensation did they help clients to receive? What were the circumstances in which those funds were obtained?
The more information you have about these areas, the more likely you are to have confidence in your attorney. Look for an attorney with a proven track record and exceptional experience in supporting clients facing asbestos exposure.
Those Who Are Most Likely to Have a Case for Asbestos Exposure
Not everyone will be able to claim compensation for the development of mesothelioma. However, if you have been exposed to asbestos, it is critical that you determine if negligence occurred. Some people are more likely to have had this type of exposure, including the following:
- You worked in the mining or milling industry
- You worked with insulation materials
- As a veteran, you were exposed to old buildings or construction projects on older properties
- You worked in a manufacturing plant
- Some of your experience is in shipyard work
You may not be sure where your exposure came from. Sometimes a person is exposed to this material right at home, especially if they are living in a home or building that is undergoing renovations that are older. Even if you are not sure, it is worth reaching out to an attorney to discuss your case and learn if there are any legal steps available to you.
What to Do if You Receive a Mesothelioma Diagnosis
What is most important right now is seeking out the best level of medical care for your needs after being diagnosed with mesothelioma. Focus on that. As you do, turn to our legal team for guidance and support. At the Shelly Leeke Law Firm, we will work with you to manage every step possible in this legal process. That includes:
- Gathering all evidence that can work to support your claims is our first step. This includes medical records, statements from witnesses, and data from employers.
- Discuss your case with you with privacy and confidence. We will be open and honest with you about your legal rights and options.
- Work with you to determine what legal rights you have and whether filing an insurance claim is the best route.
- Determine if there is a need to file a lawsuit against the responsible parties based on the circumstances in your case.
- Provide you with a legal strategy for moving forward.
Our team will handle the insurance companies. You will have an attorney who will work with the responsible parties to pursue the best possible, long-term outcome for you.
Why You Can Trust Our Asbestos Exposure Attorney in Moncks Corner
We are committed to helping you through this difficult situation. That starts with a free consultation. There is nothing to pay us right now. It is time to discuss what happened, your diagnosis, and who may be responsible for those losses.
With years of experience helping clients fight against the big guys, you can depend on our asbestos exposure attorneys in Moncks Corner for comprehensive support. We have helped many people facing very challenging medical conditions to get the financial compensation they are owed. We know there is no way to “fix” this for you, but you have every right to seek out compensation for yourself and your family as you start this battle.
Call the Shelly Leeke Law Firm Today
If you believe you were exposed to asbestos, it is vital that you talk to the Moncks Corner asbestos exposure lawyer at Shelly Leeke Law Firm to discuss your case. We are here to provide honest, accurate information about your next step. When you are ready, call us to schedule a free consultation.