There are a number of factors that will determine if you need an attorney for your South Carolina truck accident claim or if you should handle it on your own. It’s important to understand that while many individuals think they will save money by avoiding attorney’s fees, you may actually be preventing yourself from receiving the fair compensation that you deserve.
Benefits of an Attorney for a South Carolina Truck Accident Claim
A North Charleston personal injury attorney has some of the following advantages when it comes to handling your truck accident claim, including:
- an ability to navigate the complicated truck accident claims process, including interpretation of federal trucking company regulations, knowledge of how to establish negligence, and so on;
- an understanding of the laws surrounding truck drivers and the companies that employ them, as well as other third-parties that may be liable for your accident injuries;
- an ability to advise you on how to avoid common tactics employed by the insurance company to reduce or deny your truck accident claim;
- an ability to help you determine a fair settlement based on your current and future medical needs; and
- an ability to represent your interests while negotiating with the insurance companies on your behalf.
There are many intricacies to a South Carolina truck accident claim. A North Charleston personal injury attorney knows what evidence is necessary to prove that a truck driver or trucking company was negligent. Just because you have been injured in a truck accident does not necessarily mean you are entitled to receive compensation and the insurance companies are prepared to fight you every step of the way.
Most importantly, a North Charleston personal injury attorney will work hard to help you receive the full and fair compensation to which you are entitled. Contact a North Charleston personal injury attorney today to discuss your South Carolina truck accident claim.
Seeking the Help of a North Charleston Personal Injury Attorney
The North Charleston personal injury attorney team at the Shelly Leeke Law Firm is available to help accident victims cope with the legal implications of a serious injury. Our firm’s focus on personal injury cases includes injury from auto accidents including pedestrian and bicycle injuries, work-related injuries and Workers’ Compensation claims, and injuries resulting from dangerous prescription drugs.
Before you file a South Carolina truck accident claim, request a free copy of our South Carolina injury book. When you’re ready to get started on settling your accident claim, contact a North Charleston personal injury attorney for a free information packet and consultation – 1-888-690-0211.