A beautiful bike ride can become the worst day of a person’s life if an accident occurs. It is not uncommon for bike accidents to lead to serious injury and pain. Our Cayce bicycle accidents lawyer is available to help you to navigate what comes next after such an event. We know how hard things look right now, and we can help you to ensure you get the compensation that is available to you
Shelly Leeke Law Firm offers comprehensive legal guidance and support to those facing bike accidents. With our comprehensive legal services and our experience helping people just like you to get the compensation they need, you can depend on us. We do not charge you a fee unless we win.
Set up a free consultation with a South Carolina personal injury lawyer to get the information you need today.
Where Bike Accidents Happen in Cayce
A beautiful community that runs along the parks, it is easy to find people out on a bike trail in Cayce. You may be enjoying the paths along Three Rivers Greenway or perhaps taking on the Timmerman Trail. Yet, throughout the city are numerous roadways that you can also use for biking, and you have the right to navigate safely.
When accidents happen, it is critical to know what your legal rights are. Our bicycle accidents attorney at Shelly Leeke Law Firm works closely with our clients to ensure you get the help you need. After a bike accident:
- Get the medical care you need right away
- Follow through with all of the recommended care from your doctor
- Ensure that you file a police report as soon as possible after the event
- Do not post on social media about your incident but do take photos of what occurred if it is safe to do so
- Contact a bicycle accidents attorney in Cayce, SC, to help you
Our team will help you know what the next steps are. This is an important part of the process, as not filing a claim could put you at risk of financial loss, but doing so too soon or under the pressure of an insurance adjuster puts you at risk of not getting what you are owed.
Common Injuries After a Bike Accident
If a car, truck, or other vehicle struck you as you were riding your bike, the amount of force, speed, and place hit will play a role in how bad your injuries are. Your doctor will likely give you insight into what you can expect in terms of long-term recovery. Some people suffer injuries such as:
- Broken bones
- Deep lacerations with infection risks
- Road rash
- Spinal cord damage
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Crushing injuries to bones and organs
- Internal bleeding and organ damage
Unfortunately, there are also many people who have lost their lives to bike accidents in South Carolina. They simply went for a bike ride and did not come home. Talk to our bicycle accidents lawyer in Cayce, SC, today.
Consider Your Losses After a Bike Accident in Cayce
When a bicycle accident occurs, you may be experiencing a range of losses, some of which you may not have thought about. It is very common for bike riders to find themselves unsure of what to claim from the insurance company. We can help you navigate that process.
Some of the most common losses bike riders face after an accident include the following:
- Emergency medical care bills from the ambulance and hospital
- Treatment in the hospital, such as inpatient stays
- Surgical procedure costs
- Costs related to medications for pain management and infection control
- Costs for rehabilitation
- Medical costs for supplies you need to care for your wounds
- Plastic surgery and other specialist bills
- Lost time at work
In addition to these losses, many people also have noneconomic losses, which are types of losses that are harder to put a price tag on. You may qualify for these if you have pain and suffering, emotional distress, loss of consortium, loss of quality of life, or many other changes to your life as a result of this incident.
Our Cayce bike accident lawyers also work with immediate family members of those who have lost their loved ones to such an accident. We can help you pursue a wrongful death claim against the party responsible for your losses. We highly encourage you not to do this unless you have an attorney to guide you in obtaining maximum compensation.
What You Can Expect from Our Bike Accident Lawyers
Our priority is to help you get your needs met. To do that, we provide a range of services to our clients with the sole goal of maximizing their financial outcomes so that those responsible for your losses are held accountable for them. We can help you with the following:
- Determining who is responsible for the incident, including drivers, property owners, government organizations, and others
- Examine the evidence in your case to create a legal strategy to support your best outcome
- Provide you with hands-on support in determining what your financial losses are
- Speak to medical experts and witness recreation professionals when needed to prove your losses
- File a settlement with the insurance company that meets your goals and negotiate with them
- Go to court for you if the insurance company fails to provide a fair settlement
Our goal is to answer your questions, alleviate the work you have to do, and handle the insurance company so you can focus on healing.
Do Not Wait to Contact Our Legal Team for a Consultation
Our Cayce bicycle accidents attorney is available to help you. Contact the Shelly Leeke Law Firm now to request a free consultation. There is no cost to you unless we win our case, meaning there is no risk in getting information about your legal options.
Set up a free consultation with our attorney now to find out what your next steps are. Call our office today.