Car accidents can turn your life upside down. The damages you can sustain following an automobile accident can cost you an astronomical amount of time, money, and effort to overcome. The physical, mental, and financial toll it can take on you and your loved ones is a point of stress and anxiety for many people.
If you or someone you care for has been involved in a car accident, you may wonder what compensation you are entitled to receive. To fully recover what you are owed in damages, you must seek solid legal counsel from a South Carolina automobile accident attorney with experience recouping the maximum car accident settlements possible. Shelly Leeke Law Firm has an attorney who is ready to help you.
We Provide Support for Our Clients
Property damage and injuries are often the result of car accidents. Both are unexpected and unwelcome expenses for their owners. At Shelly Leeke Law Firm, we understand and will explore all of the possible damages you may have sustained, constructing a claim that covers everything and leaves nothing on the table.
Some damages are apparent, but others may not occur to those involved in accidents. If a qualified car accident lawyer does not represent you, you may not realize precisely what you are entitled to receive. We are here for our clients and will not overlook any of the damages our clients deserve.
Compensation You May Be Entitled to Receive
While every accident differs, you may have experienced some of the damages discussed below. Your car accident lawyer will be happy to review your case and see which types of losses apply to you. The following are some examples of damages you might have experienced:
Economic Damages Following a Car Accident
Economic damages are the easiest to calculate. They consist of the monetary damages you have suffered due to the accident. Some examples of economic damages are as follows:
- Medical expenses: The costs associated with medical treatment are among the most obvious. They consist of ambulances, emergency room visits, diagnostic tests, treatments, procedures, doctor visits, medications, medical devices, and follow-up care.
- Property damage: South Carolina is an at-fault state. This means the damages to your vehicle, the contents of your vehicle, and other damaged property belonging to a victim must be paid for by the at-fault driver. Such property might be a fence, a car, a mobile phone, a bicycle, or numerous other pieces of property.
- Lost wages: After a car accident, the victim often has to miss work. The bills come in, but the income does not, causing problems that must be rectified for the injured party.
Aside from the cut-and-dried economic damages, there are typically other ways a car accident victim might suffer. Listed below are some of these damages:
- Pain and suffering: This is difficult to calculate but must be considered when determining a fair settlement. It is probably the most challenging part of sustaining an injury due to a car accident.
- Loss of enjoyment of life: If the victim can no longer participate in the parts of life that once brought them joy, they are entitled to seek monetary compensation for what they have lost.
- Mental anguish: The mental stress following an automobile collision can be challenging to overcome. It can take a toll on the injured party and those around them, and they should receive compensation to help them overcome those lasting effects.
- Diminished quality of life: Injuries and the anxiety that comes from involvement in an accident can mean that a person’s quality of life is lessened. While money may not correct this, it is the only way to restore what can be restored through an insurance settlement and should be pursued as damages.
- Permanent disabilities and impairments: Financial compensation should be offered for those sustaining permanent or long-lasting disabilities. Your attorney can help you gauge the amount of money you are entitled to due to these impairments.
- Scarring and disfigurement: The lasting physical evidence of injuries can affect a person’s self-esteem and quality of life. This should be taken into consideration when asking for an appropriate settlement.
Shelly Leeke Law Firm Garners Results for Our Clients
No matter the cause of the accident, if you have fallen victim to a car accident, we are here to help. Our compassionate team understands the overwhelming nature of an auto accident and its aftermath. We are ready to help you sort out your next steps and aid you in navigating your car accident settlement.
Results We Have Secured for Our Past Clients
Each case varies, but below are some of the results we have secured for our past clients are described here. While your results may differ, we would like to present to you what we are capable of doing by demonstrating what we have done for others.
- Our team obtained $485,000 for a client who was involved in a collision and had their car dragged down the roadway before leaving the scene. This hit-and-run accident took place in Charleston, South Carolina.
- One of our clients was awarded $350,000 because of the at-fault driver’s failure to yield. This Virginia Beach City, VA, victim suffered soft tissue injuries and experienced hearing loss that turned out to be permanent.
- An automobile accident attorney with Shelly Leeke Law Firm reached a settlement of $1,011,747 for an accident where our client was rear-ended. Multiple vehicles were involved in this Summerville, SC, auto accident, with our client sustaining a back injury that required surgery, ending in complications and a follow-up surgery.
- Our lawyers recovered $500,000 for a tragic accident involving an elderly man in Mt. Pleasant, SC. A business vehicle pulled out in front of him, causing an accident that ended in his death.
Contact Shelly Leeke Law Firm for Help
We aim to provide you with quality legal advice and compensation for the damages you sustained due to the car accident you were involved in. Our team has the skills and the experience to secure the maximum compensation that you are entitled to receive.
We are here to help. Reach out today to set up an appointment for a free consultation. We will review your case and let you know what we can do for you.