If you have been injured in a car crash in Forest Acres or Richland County, SC, never hesitate to ask for help—first with your injuries and then with the claim process. The Forest Acres car accident lawyer at Shelly Leeke Law Firm wants to help take care of you during these tough days, weeks, and months. We know you are dealing with pain, medical bills, being out of work, and much more. We are here to fight for you to receive compensation for those injuries.
By working with an experienced car accident law firm, you access legal information and resources that help you demand fair compensation. Without a Forest Acres personal injury attorney, it is all too easy for the insurance companies to get the upper hand. They do not make it easy for you to get the settlement you deserve.
The Benefits of Hiring a Car Accident Attorney in Forest Acres
Many car accident victims wonder whether they need a Forest Acres car accident attorney. We believe it is always best to talk directly with a lawyer about this issue. While waiting for your complimentary consultation, get our South Carolina Accident Book to learn more.
You might find you can move forward without legal representation. You also might learn your claim has some complications, and it is best to have a Forest Acres car accident lawyer handle your case.
To schedule your free consultation, use our online form or call our Columbia, SC office. We are a short drive away via SC-16, SC-12 W, or US-76.
How Shelly Leeke Law Firm Can Help
Before hiring a car accident lawyer in Forest Acres, SC, it is natural to want to know how we can help. What are we going to do for you?
Our car accident lawyers in Forest Acres can:
- Gather evidence regarding your crash
- Help you gather evidence that proves your physical, emotional, and financial injuries
- Calculate the value of your injuries
- Communicate with the insurance companies
- Help you get your vehicle repaired or replaced
- Help you address the medical bills you can’t pay right away
- Analyze whether you would benefit from filing a lawsuit
- Represent you in court and at trial, if necessary
The benefits of hiring a lawyer start right away with an independent and in-depth investigation into the collision. We get to the bottom of what happened, and once we have all the facts, we can recommend the best course of action.
Car Crash Injuries
We often represent individuals who sustained:
- Severe lacerations and abrasions
- Broken bones
- Whiplash and other neck injuries
- Facial and dental injuries
- Back injuries
- Herniated discs
- Spinal cord injuries
- Complete or incomplete paralysis
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Crush injuries
- Internal organ damage
- PTSD and other psychological injuries
If you have suffered these or other serious injuries, you need compensation to get back on your feet and move forward in life. The financial weight should not fall on your shoulders when you did not cause the crash. Let us fight for you to receive a settlement or court award from the person responsible.
How to Win Compensation
After being injured in a crash that someone else caused, the law may entitle you to compensation for:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Reduced earning potential
- Lower quality of life
- Property damage
However, recovering compensation for your injuries takes time and considerable effort because it is up to you to prove the collision was someone else’s fault. You must establish all four elements of negligence, so we highly recommend hiring a Forest Acres car accident lawyer.
First, you need evidence that the other party owed you a duty of care. Motorists are required to act like reasonably prudent people would under the same or similar circumstances. Second, and more importantly, you have to show the other driver failed to act carefully. Next, you have to show direct causation between the driver’s breach of duty and the crash. Finally, you have to prove you suffered injuries that you can be compensated for. Talk to a car accident attorney in Forest Acres, SC, today.
Common Causes of Crashes in Forest Acres, SC
You may or may not know what happened to cause the crash. No matter what you believe happened, it is important to have a lawyer thoroughly investigate and identify who is at fault and who may be liable.
Our law firm is experienced in investigating crashes caused by:
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs (DUI)
- Reckless driving
- Driving through a red light or stop sign
- Failing to yield to the right of way
- Improper lane changing or merging
- Aggressive driving or road rage
- Inexperienced drivers
- Vehicle maintenance issues
- Vehicle defects
- Poor weather conditions
Forest Acres is surrounded by several major highways, including US-77 and SC-1/Two Notch Road. It also has a few busy roads, like SC-16/Beltline Boulevard, SC-12/Forest Drive, and Trenholm Road. These and quieter streets often see accidents because of careless and reckless drivers. Other times, crashes happen because of bad weather and poor road conditions, like potholes, uneven pavement, missing signs, and defective designs.
Why You Should Not Just Settle Your Claim with the Insurance Company
As you deal with the struggles of recovery after a car accident, one of the most disheartening things can be the process of getting compensation for your losses. That starts with simply knowing who to blame, but then the insurance company will start to put pressure on you, making it increasingly difficult for you to obtain the compensation you deserve.
When an insurance company provides a settlement offer, its objective is to get you to settle for the least amount possible. Our attorneys will help you determine if you are getting fair compensation. Consider some of the most common schemes insurance companies use to try to get you to settle for less than you are owed:
- They try to rush you into settling your claim quickly, even stating you only have a certain number of hours to accept their offer. They may believe you are owed more and want you to settle now before you can realize that.
- They continue to delay paying you or coming to an agreement. This may be to frustrate you. Eventually, you will agree to something lower than what you are owed just to get the cash you need in hand.
- Some insurance companies will outright tell you that you do not have a case or that you are at fault for the case. They will use any statement you make against you with the sole goal of getting you to get less than you are owed.
Insurance companies may pressure you into making statements that are not true. They may ask if they can record your conversation so that they can make sure not to forget any details. They may want your medical records to try to prove that you had a pre-existing condition that caused your losses.
The bottom line is insurance companies may not play fair with you, which means you need to be able to fight back against them. There is no better way to do that than to hire a Forest Acres car accident attorney with the experience and dedication to help you.
At Shelly Leeke Law Firm, we recognize that insurance companies are looking for a way to reduce what they pay to you. We know their tricks, and we know how to ensure you get fair compensation.
Are You Unsure If You Need an Attorney for Your Car Accident?
There is no doubt this is a big decision, and our team will never pressure you into making that decision. However, before moving forward with your Forest Acres case on your own, consider the following:
- Are you confident you have all of the information you need about who caused the losses and why those losses occurred?
- Do you have the evidence to prove that someone else was responsible beyond a doubt?
- Are you confident you know how much your case is worth both now and well into the future should you suffer complications?
If you have any doubts, a free consultation is the easiest way to get more information. There is no risk to you, but a lot of information is available.
Let Us Help You Resolve Your Claim
Most car accident claims are settled out of court with an insurance company. But do not let that fact give you a false sense of confidence. Insurers often fight back from paying on a claim, which is why it helps to have a lawyer who knows the law and how to protect your rights.
There also may come a point when you need to take your claim to court. Our Forest Acres personal injury lawyers will explain when filing a lawsuit is important, like when you need the discovery process to gather more information about the crash. If need be, we can represent you at trial.
Whatever your case calls for—we are in your corner. We are here to fight for what is best for you and your family. Give us a call or send us your information through our online form for a free consultation.