Hiring a personal injury attorney enables you to have a professional with specific experience in helping people through the challenges that come from a car accident. You have to focus on healing, getting your life back in order, and recovering emotionally from the accident. Filing a car accident claim should not be something you have to struggle with, but it is very commonly the biggest challenge people face once they leave the hospital. So, what can a Charleston car accident lawyer do for my claim?
At Shelly Leeke Law Firm, we provide comprehensive help from the start of that claim process – long before you actually file a claim – to fighting for fair compensation. When you contact a South Carolina personal injury lawyer at our firm for a free consultation, we will provide you with specific insight into what we can do for you.
Determine Who Is to Blame
One of the first things our legal team will do is to gather as much information as possible from you about what occurred. Our goal is to fully understand what happened so we can determine who is to blame. That may sound easy enough if there was only one other driver. Yet, there are some situations where it is more complicated. Here are some examples:
- You were the passenger in a car during the accident.
- The trucking company that employed the driver of the vehicle that hit you had pushed the driver to work beyond their legally mandated time on the clock.
- A person driving the other vehicle was intoxicated, and the bar that served them that alcohol knew the person was driving home.
- There were multiple people involved in the accident, and you are not sure who is to blame.
- The police department stated you are at least partially to blame, but you do not believe that to be accurate.
Our car accident attorney will first find out who is responsible so we can begin to formulate your claim.
Determine What Your Losses Are
This may also seem like a very straightforward process, but it rarely is. In fact, many people who simply settle a claim with the insurance company do not realize just how much they are actually owed. There are several things we focus on first.
What medical bills do you have? This may include a wide range of losses, including:
- Emergency medical care you received
- Surgical procedures and specialist care you received
- Hospital costs for inpatient treatment
- Outpatient care and appointments
- Complication care, such as control of infections or secondary procedures
- Medical bills associated with cosmetic repairs
- Rehabilitation care
- Therapy for your physical ailments, such as relearning to walk or manage tasks
- In-home healthcare
These are some of the most common medical-related losses. Yet, that is not all that you may have lost.
Additional Car Accident Losses
Additional types of losses may include the following:
- Time missed at work and any benefits or promotions that may be associated with that
- A drop in earnings ability because of the injuries you have
- The need to learn how to work a new job because you cannot do the job you did before
- Property loss from the accident
In addition to those economic losses, our personal injury attorneys also work closely with you to uncover all noneconomic losses you have or those that may not be directly related to a bill you receive in the mail. Some of those losses may include:
- Emotional distress from the incident
- Mental health complications due to depression, anxiety, or post-traumatic stress disorder
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of quality of life
- Changes to relationships
- Pain and suffering
Why You Should Work with a Car Accident Attorney
How much has your life changed since your accident? With the help of our personal injury attorney, we can help you navigate all of your legal options in this matter, including exploring what could happen in the future. For example, what if, in five years, your injury needs a revision to a surgical procedure? What if you cannot learn to walk again even though it is expected now?
Let us help you estimate what the future holds. To do this, we will work with you to understand your health needs, carefully consider other cases like your own, talk to medical experts, and uncover any details possible. Our goal is simply to ensure that we can help you get maximum compensation.
We Fight for the Compensation You Are Owed
Once we have an idea of what your losses are, our next goal is to pursue financial claims with the insurance company. Our work does not stop there. We continue to help you, including through the following:
- Answering all of the questions the insurance company has
- Addressing any concerns they have with estimates of your losses
- Producing evidence to back up any claims
- Minimizing the risk of delays by ensuring they have everything they need to move forward
- Ensuring any communication is handled quickly
Then there is the waiting for an answer. We help you get through that time to ensure that we stay on top of the insurance company. Then, we negotiate for you. That means working hard to pursue full compensation for all of your losses. If they try to reduce your claim, we will not do so unless you agree to it.
There are some situations where they may not agree. When that happens, we will take them to court if that is the goal you have. Our team is not going to leave you without the support that you need throughout every stage of this process.
Contact Us Now to Learn How We Can Help You Today
When you call the Shelly Leeke Law Firm, you get highly experienced car accident attorneys who have years of experience fighting for our clients. We know how to handle the claims process and streamline it from start to finish on your behalf. Contact us to learn what we can do to help you through this challenging time.
Set up a free consultation by calling our office now. There is no fee to pay for our services unless we win your car accident case.