It is common to become frustrated and discouraged when filing for Social Security Disability or after being denied benefits when you cannot work. However, a Greenville Social Security disability attorney can assist.
The professional team at Shelly Leeke Law Firm wants you to know that we are educated and experienced in the laws surrounding Social Security. We will do everything we can to ensure you are approved. Please do not give up, as help and hope are available to you with a simple phone call today.
Explaining Social Security Disability Insurance
According to the Social Security Administration, Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) is a federal government program that provides financial assistance to people who are disabled and meet the requirements of having a disability and need financial help. When an individual becomes disabled, they most likely are unable to work.
Since they have spent their working career paying into the Social Security program through their paycheck deductions, it is expected that the federal government will approve them for financial assistance if they suffer from an injury or illness that has led them to become disabled. However, this is not always the case, as the government is very selective and often denies Social Security Disability claims.
For a free legal consultation with a social security disability lawyer serving Greenville, call 1-844-736-8342
How to Determine if You Qualify for Social Security Disability Insurance
If you start applying for Social Security Disability Insurance, you may wonder how someone is eligible to receive these benefits. Keep in mind that not everyone can apply for Social Security Disability Insurance. You must have a qualifying disability and have earned enough work credits. To qualify for Social Security Disability Insurance, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be considered disabled by the definition provided by the Social Security Administration. This definition states that disability is “the inability to engage in any substantial gainful activity.”
- You must have physical or mental impairments (or both) that are serious enough that you cannot work for at least a year or that may ultimately lead to death.
- You must have worked a regular job long enough to have contributed to the Social Security system.
If you have not worked long enough to qualify for Social Security Disability Insurance, you may be able to get Supplemental Security Income (SSI). This program provides financial assistance to individuals who are disabled, unable to work, and have not contributed to the Social Security Disability system long enough.
Greenville Social Security Disability Lawyer Near Me 1-844-736-8342
The Types of Social Security Disability Insurance
There are three different types of Social Security Disability Insurance. Each type is meant for a certain person. Your Social Security disability attorney in Greenville can help you understand more about your eligibility.
- Disability Insurance Benefits: This is for individuals who are disabled and worked less than the full retirement age.
- Disabled Widow or Widower Benefits: This is for widows or widowers between the ages of 50 and 60. They might receive Social Security Disability if their spouse had Social Security insurance.
- Disabled Adult Child Benefits: This is for individuals who were disabled before the age of 22. Typically, these individuals depend on a parent or a deceased parent who was insured under Social Security.
How to File for Social Security Disability Insurance in South Carolina
There are a variety of different ways you can choose to file for Social Security Disability Insurance in South Carolina. The following are the best ways that we recommend to file:
- Apply online. You can visit the Social Security Administration’s website and apply from the comfort of your home.
- Apply in person. You will need to find the closest Social Security office to you. Then, you can travel to the location and wait for assistance to file your Social Security Disability claim. We recommend scheduling an appointment ahead of time to avoid long lines and wait times.
- Apply by phone. You can call the Social Security Administration office, and they will help you through the process of filing for disability insurance.
A Shelly Leeke Social Security disability lawyer in Greenville can also guide you through the tedious process and provide advice on what we think is best. We are knowledgeable, experienced, and trained on Social Security Disability Insurance, and we strive to see that all our disabled clients receive the benefits that will make their lives easier.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How Much Money Will You Can Receive from Social Security Benefits
It may be tricky to determine how much financial assistance you could receive if you are approved for Social Security benefits. Most of the time, our clients think that it is based on how serious their disability is, but this is not the case. Instead, it depends on how much you have paid into the Social Security system throughout your career, often referred to as “work credits.”
Talk to our Social Security disability lawyers about your benefits when your claim has been denied.
What to Do if Your Social Security Disability Claim Is Denied
You can appeal this decision if you have filled out an application for Social Security Disability Insurance and it was denied. However, you must know that you only have 60 days from the receiving date to appeal the decision.
After filing your appeal, you should consider hiring a Social Security Disability lawyer in Greenville to help build a strong case showing that you need and deserve Social Security Disability Insurance. Hiring an experienced attorney will give you a better chance of winning your appeal.
Contact a Greenville Social Security Disability Lawyer at Shelly Leeke Law Firm
Many hurdles may arise when trying to apply for the Social Security Disability benefits you need. We will represent you with honor and care at Shelly Leeke Law Firm, as we know that filing these types of claims is difficult.
When you hire a Greenville Social Security Disability attorney from our firm, you can rest assured knowing that we will fight for your right to the benefits you deserve. Do not hesitate to reach out to us by filling out this contact form, and we will be in touch with you as quickly as possible to set up an appointment to begin discussing your case.