One of the first questions many accident victims ask when they are considering filing a South Carolina personal injury claim is: how much is my claim worth?
An experienced South Carolina personal injury attorney will discuss not only your legal options but what type of compensation you may be able to receive for the injuries you have incurred. Since each case is unique and will have varying factors that will determine the claim’s overall worth, it’s not as simple as just plugging some numbers into a formula. However, there are certain general factors that will be considered when beginning to determine the validity and estimated value of a personal injury claim.
The 5 major factors that will affect the worth of your South Carolina personal injury claim include:
- Evidence – the strength of the evidence, which is why items such as police reports, medical records and photographs can be vital;
- Expenses – not only are your current medical bills considered but so are any future medical expenses along with lost wages, and any other injury-related expenses;
- Fault – determining who was at fault for the accident, including any amount of fault in your part, are considered;
- Injuries – the extent of your injuries, if surgery is/was required and what your future outlook is (for instance if you are deemed permanently disabled); and
- Property Damage – the amount of property damage there was.
The value of your South Carolina personal injury claim will depend on a number of other factors specific to your accident, injuries, and circumstances. A South Carolina personal injury attorney can discuss these with you and explain your options for seeking accident compensation.
Seeking the Help of a South Carolina Personal Injury Attorney
For a free legal consultation, call 1-844-736-8342
The South Carolina personal injury attorney team at the Shelly Leeke Law Firm is available to help accident victims cope with the legal implications of a serious injury. Our firm’s focus on personal injury cases includes injury from auto accidents including pedestrian and bicycle injuries, work-related injuries and Workers’ Compensation claims, and injuries resulting from dangerous prescription drugs.
Before you file a South Carolina personal injury claim, request a free copy of our South Carolina injury book. When you’re ready to get started on settling your accident claim, contact a South Carolina personal injury attorney for a free information packet and consultation, 1-888-690-0211.
Call or text 1-844-736-8342 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form