Head-on collisions are among the most dangerous car accidents, often resulting in serious injuries or fatalities. In a head-on collision, two vehicles traveling in opposite directions collide. They can result in serious injuries, fatalities, and legal consequences.
If you find yourself in this situation, rely on a Beaufort head-on collisions attorney from Shelly Leeke Law Firm to provide you with the knowledge and experience needed to get your life back on track. We will answer your questions and protect your legal rights.
Head-End Collision Injuries
Head-on collisions are among the most dangerous car accidents, often resulting in serious injuries or fatalities. A study by the University of Michigan found that the most common causes of head-on collisions include distracted driving, speeding, and failure to stay in the proper lane.
The number and severity of injuries associated with head-on collisions are substantial. Below are just a few of the most common injuries suffered by those involved in head-on collision accidents:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI): Head-on collisions can cause severe head injuries, including concussions, skull fractures, and traumatic brain injuries. These injuries can result in long-term or permanent cognitive and physical disabilities.
- Spinal cord injuries: The effect of a head-on collision can cause severe trauma to the spine, resulting in spinal cord injuries. These injuries can lead to paralysis, loss of sensation, and chronic pain.
- Broken bones: The force of the impact can cause bones to break, particularly in the legs, arms, and ribs. Fractured bones can require surgery and lengthy periods of rehabilitation.
- Internal injuries: The force of the impact can result in damage to internal organs, including the liver, spleen, and kidneys. These injuries can be life-threatening and may require surgery.
- Whiplash: Whiplash is a common injury in head-on collisions. It occurs when the head is suddenly and forcefully whipped back and forth, causing neck pain and stiffness.
- Burns: Head-on collisions can result in fires or explosions, leading to severe burns and scarring.
- Emotional trauma: Survivors of head-on collisions may suffer from emotional trauma such as post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety, and depression.
Head-on collisions can cause a wide range of injuries, including internal injuries, whiplash, burns, and emotional trauma. Seek medical attention and consult an experienced Beaufort head-on collisions lawyer to protect your rights and pursue compensation for your injuries.
For a free legal consultation with a head-on collisions lawyer serving Beaufort, call 1-844-736-8342
Compensation for Beaufort Head-End Collisions
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), head-on collisions cause more than 3,000 fatalities annually. The specific types of compensation that you may recover will depend on the facts of your case, the extent of your injuries, and the evidence available to support your claims.
While various types of compensation can be recovered in head-on collision lawsuits, below are some of the common types in these cases:
- Medical expenses: This includes compensation for the medical expenses associated with your injuries, including hospital bills, surgeries, doctor visits, physical therapy, and medications.
- Lost wages: If your injuries prevent you from working, you may be entitled to compensation for any wages you have lost or will lose in the future. This can include both past and future lost income.
- Property damage: If your vehicle was damaged in the collision, you might be able to recover compensation for how much it costs you to repair or replace your car.
- Pain and suffering: Victims potentially have the opportunity to recover compensation for the pain, suffering, and emotional distress they have experienced as a result of the accident.
- Disability and disfigurement: If your injuries have left you with a permanent disability or disfigurement, you may be entitled to compensation for the impact these conditions have on your quality of life.
- Loss of consortium: If the injuries you have suffered have affected your ability to maintain a relationship with your spouse, you may have the opportunity to recover compensation for the loss of consortium.
- Punitive damages: In some cases, you may recover punitive damages designed to punish the at-fault party for their reckless or intentional conduct.
Recovering compensation for a head-on collision can be complex and challenging, especially when dealing with serious injuries and emotional trauma. An experienced head-on collisions attorney in Beaufort can help you navigate the legal process and work to maximize the compensation you receive.
Beaufort Head-On Collisions Lawyer Near Me 1-844-736-8342
Proving Negligence in a Head-On Collision Case
To prove negligence in a head-on collision case, you will need to gather evidence to support your claim. This evidence may include eyewitness testimony, police reports, photographs of the accident scene, and medical records. It is essential to collect as much evidence as possible to demonstrate the extent of the other driver’s negligence and how it caused your injuries.
To establish that the other driver breached their duty of care, you must demonstrate that they acted unreasonably under the circumstances. This could include reckless driving, distracted driving, driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol, or violating traffic laws. To prove causation, you must show that the other driver’s breach of duty was the direct cause of your injuries.
Finally, you must demonstrate that you have suffered damages, such as medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other related expenses, resulting from the other driver’s breach of duty. Proving negligence in a head-on collision case can be complex and challenging. Working with an experienced head-on collisions lawyer in Beaufort is important to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve.
How an Attorney Can Help
An attorney can help you gather evidence, build a strong case, and negotiate with insurance companies to protect your rights and interests. With the assistance of a skilled attorney, you can work towards a successful outcome for your head-on collision case.
Click to contact our South Carolina Head-On Collisions Attorney today
Contact Shelly Leeke Law Firm for a Beaufort Head-On Collisions Attorney
We take a comprehensive approach to our clients’ cases, leaving no stone unturned in our pursuit of justice. Those needing a Beaufort head-on collisions attorney come to Shelly Leeke Law Firm because of our passion for law and commitment to fighting on their behalf. Contact us for a free consultation today.
Call or text 1-844-736-8342 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form