Left-turn accidents can be devastating, resulting in serious injuries and significant property damage. In many cases, these accidents are caused by a driver’s negligence, such as failing to yield the right of way, failing to signal when turning, or turning into the wrong lane of traffic. At Shelly Leeke Law Firm, you will find a Beaufort car accident attorney who will tirelessly investigate the accident, gather evidence, and build a strong case on your behalf. Our Beaufort personal injury lawyers are ready to work for you.
Beaufort Left-Turn Accident Damages
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, left-turn accidents make up nearly a quarter of all crashes at intersections. Damages that can be recovered for left-turn accidents can include both economic and non-economic damages. Economic damages refer to actual financial losses you suffered from the accident, while non-economic damages refer to intangible losses such as pain and suffering.
Some examples of damages that can be recovered in a left-turn accident case may include:
- Medical expenses: This includes the cost of hospitalization, surgery, medication, rehabilitation, and any other medical expenses that you have incurred as a result of the accident.
- Lost wages: If you cannot work due to the injuries you sustained in the accident, you might receive compensation for lost wages, including future lost wages.
- Property damage: If your vehicle was damaged in the accident, you might be entitled to compensation for the cost of repairs or replacement.
- Pain and suffering: This includes compensation for physical and emotional pain and suffering, such as chronic pain, anxiety, depression, and loss of enjoyment.
- Loss of consortium: This is the loss of companionship, support, and services of a spouse or family member injured or killed in the accident.
The specific damages you may be entitled to recover will depend on the circumstances of your case. An experienced Beaufort left-turn accident lawyer can evaluate your case and help you understand the damages that you may be able to recover.
Dealing with Insurance Companies
Insurance companies are often motivated to minimize the amount they pay out in claims for left-turn accidents in Beaufort and may use various tactics to achieve this goal. Some common tactics include:
- Disputing liability: Insurance companies may try to dispute who was at fault for the accident, even if it is clear that the driver who made the left turn was responsible. They may argue that the other driver was speeding, driving while distracted, or contributing to the accident.
- Delaying or denying claims: Insurance companies may delay or deny claims to force victims to settle for less than they deserve or to give up on pursuing their claim altogether.
- Downplaying injuries: Insurance companies may try to downplay the severity of injuries sustained in the accident to reduce the compensation they have to pay.
- Making lowball settlement offers: Insurance companies may make lowball settlement offers that are significantly less than the victim’s actual damages to save money.
Working with an experienced left-turn accident attorney in Beaufort who can help you navigate the complexities of dealing with insurance companies is important. An attorney can negotiate with the insurance company, ensure that you receive fair compensation for your injuries and damages, and protect your rights throughout the claims process.
Common Injuries in Beaufort Left-Turn Accidents
A study by the Federal Highway Administration found that the driver turning left was the critical reason for the accident in 94% of cases. Left-turn accidents in Beaufort can result in a wide range of injuries, from minor to severe. Some of the most common injuries that may result from left-turn accidents include:
- Whiplash: This is a common injury in rear-end collisions but can also occur in left-turn accidents. It is caused by the sudden forward and backward motion of the head and neck and can result in neck pain, stiffness, and headaches.
- Soft tissue injuries: Soft tissue injuries, such as sprains and strains, are common in left-turn accidents. They can affect the muscles, tendons, and ligaments, resulting in pain, swelling, and a limited range of motion.
- Broken bones: Left-turn accidents can also result in broken bones, such as fractures in the arms, legs, or ribs. These injuries can be painful and may require surgery and physical therapy.
- Spinal cord injuries: More severe left-turn accidents can result in spinal cord injuries, leading to paralysis, loss of sensation, and other life-altering effects.
- Traumatic brain injuries: Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) can result from the force of impact in a left-turn accident. TBIs can range from mild concussions to more severe injuries that may result in permanent brain damage.
- Internal injuries: Left-turn accidents can also cause internal injuries, such as damage to the internal organs or internal bleeding. These injuries may not be immediately apparent, but they can be life-threatening if left untreated.
If you have been involved in a left-turn accident in Beaufort, it’s important to seek medical attention as soon as possible, even if you do not feel injured. Some injuries may not be immediately apparent and may worsen if left untreated. Documenting any injuries sustained in the accident can help support your compensation claim.
Ways a Beaufort Left-Turn Accident Attorney Can Help
An attorney can investigate the accident to determine who was at fault and gather evidence to support your claim. This can include reviewing police reports, interviewing witnesses, and examining the accident scene. A left-turn accident lawyer in Beaufort can build a strong case by conducting a thorough investigation and helping you recover the compensation you deserve.
A lawyer can ensure that your rights are protected throughout the legal process and that you are not taken advantage of by the insurance company or other parties involved in the accident. This can give you peace of mind and help you focus on your recovery after the accident.
Contact Shelly Leeke Law Firm for a Beaufort Left-Turn Accident Attorney
Our legal team is dedicated to helping you get the compensation you deserve, including damages for healthcare expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and property damage. At Shelly Leeke Law Firm, you will find a Beaufort left-turn accident attorney to negotiate with insurance providers and other parties involved in the accident to ensure you receive a fair settlement or verdict. Contact us today.