Imagine what can happen if you visit someone else’s property and suffer an injury. In this instance, you may be held 100% financially responsible for the costs of treating your injury. You may need to pay these costs, even if you suffered the injury due to a property hazard.
The Shelly Leeke Law Firm is a top choice for those who need legal assistance in a premises liability lawsuit. Reach out to our Walterboro premises liability attorney today. We can help you take the initial steps to file a personal injury lawsuit and request compensation from any at-fault parties.
Examples of When You Can Sue on the Grounds of Premises Liability in Walterboro
Premises liability is a complex legal concept since it can be difficult to determine who is at fault for an injury that takes place on another’s property. Ultimately, property owner is expected to keep their space free of any hazards. If an individual fails to do so and their actions result in an injury to someone who visits their property, the injured party may be able to seek damages as part of a premises liability lawsuit.
Here are several examples of instances in which an individual may want to file a lawsuit on the grounds of premises liability:
- A homeowner does not properly trim a tree to the point where a branch from the tree can fall down and injure someone.
- An item gets spilled at a grocery store but does not get cleaned up, which creates a hazard for customers that can slip and fall if they walk over it.
- An apartment complex does not properly secure a renter’s balcony, which can increase the risk of a fall.
A Walterboro premises liability lawyer can help you determine if you have sufficient grounds for filing a lawsuit. If so, your lawyer will make sure your lawsuit is filed within the statute of limitations of South Carolina, which is three years from the date you suffered your injury. Your attorney will also help you seek the most damages possible.
For a free legal consultation with a premises liability lawyer serving Walterboro, call 1-844-736-8342
How Damages Are Awarded in a Walterboro Premises Liability Lawsuit
You can pursue economic and non-economic damages in a premises liability lawsuit. Economic damages are quantifiable, while non-economic ones are subjective. With both types of damages, there are no caps on the amount you can request in a premises liability lawsuit.
Before you request economic or non-economic damages, it is crucial to understand why you can ask for them. Common reasons why people seek damages in a premises liability lawsuit include:
- Lost wages
- Physical pain
- Mental anguish
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Medical bills
- Property damage
- Home services required following an injury
A premises liability lawyer in Walterboro can help you calculate the amount of economic and non-economic damages to request. Also, the lawyer can teach you about punitive damages, which are sometimes awarded in personal injury cases. A judge or jury may award punitive damages along with economic and non-economic ones to deter an at-fault party from future acts of negligence.
Walterboro Premises Liability Lawyer Near Me 1-844-736-8342
How a Premises Liability Attorney in Walterboro Will Treat Your Case
The best premises liability attorney understands there are no shortcuts to winning or settling a case. Whether the attorney is helping a client with a dog bite case or any other premises liability lawyer, the lawyer focuses on the facts at hand. In doing so, the attorney can create a compelling argument that shows a judge or jury why their client deserves to be awarded the maximum amount of damages.
In a premises liability case, your attorney will:
- Work with you to gather and evaluate evidence
- Search for witnesses who can testify for you during your trial
- Engage with you regularly to keep you up to date about the status of your case
There may be months or years that pass before your case goes to trial. Regardless, your lawyer will help you make the most of this time. Your attorney will help ensure your argument is strong, so a judge or jury is likely to rule in your favor.
Click to contact our South Carolina Premises Liability Attorney today
What to Expect When a Premises Liability Lawsuit in Walterboro Gets Resolved by a Judge or Jury
A judge or jury is impartial and will look at both sides in a premises liability lawsuit. Once a judge or jury hears each party’s respective argument, a judgment will be rendered. At this time, you will find out if you will be:
- Awarded the full amount of damages that you requested
- Awarded only a partial amount of damages
- Awarded no damages
Your attorney constantly looks for ways to strengthen your argument before your trial. When your trial gets underway, your lawyer advocates for you and disputes any claims from the defendant. With this approach, your attorney puts you in an excellent position to achieve the best possible case result.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How to Choose the Best Lawyer for Your Walterboro Premises Liability Lawsuit
In order to get damages, you first must hire a premises liability lawyer. To find the right lawyer, you can:
- Meet with an attorney. This gives you an opportunity to share any legal questions you have with a lawyer and see how this legal professional can help you.
- Get information about an attorney’s background and experience. The more you learn about an attorney, the more you can see if this legal professional is the right fit for your case.
- Check out an attorney’s client testimonials. If possible, read through a lawyer’s client testimonials so you can get a good idea about how this legal professional handles different types of cases.
As soon as you find the ideal lawyer, hire this legal professional. You can then work with this attorney to file your lawsuit and build your argument. During your litigation, your lawyer will be at your side to help you in any way possible.
Do Not Wait Any Longer to Hire a Walterboro Premises Liability Attorney
The Shelly Leeke Law Firm can help you with your premises liability case today. Our attorney is available to assess your premises liability case. To get started, please contact us today.
Call or text 1-844-736-8342 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form