Slip and fall injuries can happen to anyone at any place and time. They are unexpected incidents that can change life dramatically, often producing costly losses and leaving individuals unsure of how to move past their injuries to recovery. Their devastating effects can send a ripple through entire family structures.
If you or a loved one has been injured by a slip and fall accident in Goose Creek, there is trustworthy help you can count on for navigating the challenges ahead. Contact a Goose Creek personal injury lawyer at Shelly Leeke Law Firm for trusted legal guidance. We stand with our clients and fight for their fair compensation to recover physically and financially from slip and fall accidents.
How a Goose Creek Slip and Fall Accident Lawyer Can Help You
Most slip and fall accidents are preventable, and we are committed to fighting negligence that caused your injuries. Substantiating negligence is the responsibility of the injured individual. We understand the immense responsibility of proving personal injury claims and commit to providing these invaluable services when you work with a Goose Creek slip and fall accident lawyer:
- With your help, we will continue to gather evidence to document the negligence that led to the slip and fall accident, meeting the time limits (S.C. Code §15-3-535) that apply to a personal injury case.
- We will investigate whether a history of negligence exists with the entity where the slip and fall accident occurred.
- We will mediate between clients and the insurance company, assisting with paperwork, answering questions, and demanding your fair compensation.
- When necessary, we work with medical experts who will verify and explain the extent of the injuries suffered, how these injuries can impact life going forward, and the cost associated with future medical treatment and care.
- We are dedicated to negotiation but prepare as if going to court when fair compensation cannot be reached.
Shelly Leeke Law Firm invests dedicated hours, research, and in-depth knowledge of the legal system to assist you because we understand what it takes to help those suffering the most. As a staunch supporter of accident victims’ rights, founder Shelly Leeke has published The South Carolina Accident Book to help personal injury victims thrive. We aim to remove the barriers that stand in our client’s way.
Common Causes of Slip and Fall Accidents
Dramatic circumstances rarely cause slip-and-fall accidents. Negligent practices lead to most slip-and-fall accidents. The National Floor Safety Institute (NFSI) documents that over one million slip and fall accidents lead to emergency room visits annually and are caused by:
- Wet surfaces due to spillage or weather
- Newly waxed or mopped floors
- Uneven or broken staircases or floorboards
- Tears or wear on carpeting
- Exposed cords or electrical wires
- Poor lighting that reduces visibility
- Unsafe work environments
These are only a few causes of slip and fall accidents. Let a slip-and-fall accident lawyer in Goose Creek at Shelly Leeke Law Firm answer your questions and remove the guesswork. It is vital to document and report every injury, including workplace injuries.
Steps to Take After a Slip and Fall Injury
Sadly, many property owners, managers, and companies wait until injury occurs before addressing the negligence that leads to accidents. Without compromising your health and safety, begin advocating for yourself immediately to document the incident by taking these steps. The evidence at the scene of a slip and fall incident is a valuable resource for a Goose Creek slip and fall attorney to begin building your claim.
- Seek medical attention immediately for serious injuries or schedule an appointment as soon as possible. Failing to receive timely medical and follow-up care can cast doubt on the damages caused by the slip and fall accident.
- Take pictures of any factors contributing to the slip and fall, such as a puddle of water on the floor and missing signage.
- If there are witnesses to the incident, ask for their contact information. An eyewitness witness statement can be invaluable support.
- Ask for the name of the manager on duty and any employees who assist with cleanup or securing the space where the incident occurred.
- Refrain from posting on social media after being injured, and ask others to refrain from tagging you in posts to protect your claim.
- Never make recorded statements to an insurance company before consulting a member of our team for guidance.
A slip and fall attorney in Goose Creek at Shelly Leeke Law Firm will fight to prevent the minimization of your compensation by insurance adjusters. Let our team work for you to bring the facts together to create a solid claim. We will begin work immediately to assist you, so never wait to reach out for help.
Possible Damages in a Slip and Fall Accident
The damages a personal injury victim can recover are meant to restore a person to where they were before the incident occurred. Serious injuries can prevent this complete healing, requiring years of treatment and resulting in a loss of enjoyment in life. Our clients deserve the opportunity to recover and receive full compensation for the following damages:
- All medical expenses, including future care and therapies
- Medications costs
- Lost wages and potential lost income
- Costs associated with daily assistance, such as house cleaning or lawn maintenance
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life
This list may not cover all the damages you are entitled to. We take an individual approach, working closely and communicating with each client to truly grasp the extensive damages that result from a slip and fall injury in Goose Creek.
A Goose Creek Slip and Fall Attorney Is Here for You
You are never alone in facing your injuries, expenses, and the insurance company when you have the Shelly Leeke Law Firm team on your side. We see our clients as individuals who need our assistance navigating overwhelming situations due to negligence. Contact us immediately for a free case consultation, and let us get to work for you.