Every parent dreads seeing their child hurt, no matter the age. You work hard to protect your loved ones, but experiencing the fear and uncertainty when your children are involved can be overwhelming. When someone else is to blame for your child’s injury, you want to see justice served.
You also need to determine exactly who is at fault and how to seek compensation for the wrong they have done to your family. A Goose Creek personal injury lawyer from Shelly Leeke Law Firm can listen to your story and explain your options. Contact our personal injury firm to schedule a free consultation to learn more.
Why You Should Choose Shelly Leeke for Your Child Injury Claim
Facing the worry and shock after your child is hurt can leave you overwhelmed as you try to manage your family’s day-to-day lives. You do not need the added burden of filing an insurance claim or lawsuit. Your child injury lawyer in Goose Creek should compassionately take up your cause so you can focus on what matters most.
At Shelly Leeke Law Firm, our team of attorneys offers a range of services to make it easier for you to seek the financial relief you need for medical bills, recovery expenses, and emotional distress. We can do the following on your behalf:
- Investigate all aspects of your claim to build a strong case.
- Determine all liable parties and hold them accountable.
- Negotiate with insurance adjusters for a fair and appropriate settlement.
- Gather evidence supporting your damages and claim of negligence.
- Present your arguments persuasively to insurance companies and in court.
- Litigate your case aggressively for the best possible outcome.
- Provide caring, knowledgeable, and experienced advice every step of the way.
We understand how challenging it can be to unravel the confusion about who is liable for hurting your loved one. We take that burden off your plate and allow you to help your child heal.
Child Injury Can Happen in Many Ways in Goose Creek, SC
Children are at risk from negligent harm by others even before they come into the world. Many babies suffer birth injuries that can affect them for their entire lives. Throughout the Lowcountry and South Carolina, there are numerous risks from people, animals, and vehicles.
Your Goose Creek child injury attorney has seen cases where young ones were hurt from situations such as:
- Accidents in bodies of water: For small children, it only takes a moment’s distraction or a small amount of water to lead to disaster. In addition to the risk of drowning, many lakes or rivers can be contaminated, putting children at risk of harmful diseases.
- Animal attacks: Children often do not understand if a dog is unfriendly or that wild animals are not safe to pet. They can be paralyzed, lose limbs, or pass away from their injuries.
- Bicycle accidents: Riding a bike is often a rite of passage as a kid, but inattentive drivers can cause tragedy. In addition, even a good bike rider can be severely hurt if they encounter unsafe road conditions and falls.
- Birth and neonatal injuries: Many things can go wrong during a pregnancy and delivery, leaving a child with devastating issues. If healthcare providers are not watchful in the hours and days after birth, they may miss critical signs of an injury.
- Pedestrian accidents: Young children are fast and impulsive, sometimes dashing into a street without warning.
- Vehicle accidents: Cars, buses, and trucks all pose a risk of catastrophic injury for any children involved. They may be thrown around inside a vehicle or be ejected.
Children are frequently harmed by the negligence of another person, who must be held accountable. Poorly maintained roads, unclean water, reckless driving, or violations of leash laws can put your child at risk of life-altering injury. Many entities or individuals may be at fault and must be held liable.
Trust in a skilled and compassionate child injury attorney in Goose Creek, SC, from Shelly Leeke Law Firm to investigate and build your claim against wrongdoers. We will manage the legal complexities so you can concentrate on comforting your child. We do not stop working until we get the best outcome possible for your case.
Possible Damages You Can Claim in a Child Injury Claim
When an older person is hurt in an accident, they may be able to quickly recover and go back to their former way of life. With children, the harm can quickly become irrevocable, leaving your family with difficult and painful questions about how your child will manage as an adult.
Many children are injured so severely that they will never become independent. They will need lifelong care, even after their parents are gone. This means an injured child will need not only their immediate and rehabilitative expenses covered by a claim, but they may also require a settlement providing decades of care.
There are numerous kinds of economic and non-economic losses you could claim, including:
Some accidents result in a hospital visit requiring EY, ICU, and surgical services. Infants suffering a birth injury will visit the NICU and may require months of specialized attention and care. After the initial harm, your child may need extensive therapy and additional treatments to return to their expected growth and development.
Every penny must be repaid by those who contributed to your child’s damages.
Loss of Income or Earning Potential
A promising high school student who suffers a debilitating brain injury may have to say goodbye to dreams of college and a career as a doctor, lawyer, or architect. If they had scholarships and a career path, your Goose Creek child injury lawyer can develop an estimate of their lost earning potential.
After a crash or dog bite, your child could develop conditions such as depression, anxiety, PTSD, or phobias. If they have scars from the injury on their face or have lost a limb, they may feel isolated from society and suffer emotional distress. They could need years of counseling and therapy to reduce the effects of this psychological damage and lead a fulfilling life.
Hire a Goose Creek Child Injury Lawyer Today
Your Goose Creek child injury lawyer from Shelly Leeke Law Firm is committed to aiding your family as you manage the fear and worry after an accident that harms your young one. We offer free case evaluations with no risk and no obligation, plus we work on a contingency fee basis. You do not pay us until we win your case.
Our attorneys will aggressively represent your needs to ensure your child gets the compensation and justice they deserve to continue the life you want for them. Speak with our team when you schedule a consultation using our online form today.