Any time you hit the road in a motor vehicle, you run the risk of being in an accident. Rideshare drivers are on the road all the time, facing multiple distractions. If you or a loved one has been injured in a ridesharing accident, contact Shelley Leeke Law Firm to speak with a car accident attorney in Columbia.
Filing an insurance claim in a rideshare accident can be very complicated. Our Columbia personal injury lawyers understand the ins and outs of the insurance business as it applies to Uber and Lyft accidents. We are happy to help you navigate this complex situation.
What Shelley Leeke Law Firm Can Do for You
We have a track record of success. Our team is well-versed in negotiations and litigation.
We will investigate your rideshare accident so that we can prove liability. Our goal for you is justice.
Our compassion for our clients at Shelley Leeke Law Firm makes us even more aggressive in negotiations and before a judge or jury. We will not rest until we know our clients have the best representation possible.
Rideshare Accidents Are Complex
Cases involving rideshare drivers are among the most complicated to resolve. At times, multiple parties are involved, and even with just one car, a rideshare driver may have more than one insurance company’s coverage to wade through. Uber or Lyft accidents are complex, so to receive appropriate compensation, you need a Columbia Uber and Lyft accident attorney to navigate the process of filing a claim for you.
Typically, in a car accident, the party at fault will be responsible for the damages incurred by the accident victims. When Uber or Lyft drivers are to blame, you may also look to their insurance company and the driver’s personal insurance policy. The big rideshare companies are well-represented, and you should be as well.
Our team has experience investigating Uber and Lyft accidents. We will gather evidence to prove who the liable party is by reviewing police reports, witness statements, photographs, and videos from the accidents. We have resources at our disposal if expert witness testimony is necessary.
A Columbia Uber and Lyft Accident Lawyer Can Help
Rideshare accidents are far less straightforward than accidents involving only personal vehicles. In a typical accident, the fault is determined, and the at-fault driver is liable for injuries sustained by others involved in the crash.
In Columbia, South Carolina, the fault model is one of comparative negligence. If you are not more than 50% responsible for the accident, you may ask for damages from the driver who caused the wreck.
Shelley Leeke Law Firm and our talented team of legal minds are here for you throughout the entire process. Here are some of the services we offer to our clients:
- Investigate: To build a robust case for our clients, knowing the details of the case is imperative. We investigate with a thoroughness that allows us to understand all the details so we can advocate for our clients and build the most solid strategy in their favor.
- Healthy clients: We agree that the primary concern for our clients is that they are receiving appropriate and swift medical care. It is important that we ensure your injuries have been assessed and properly treated.
- Getting to know your situation: Our team listens so we can understand what you have been through. Knowing the details of your case allows us to truly understand the damages you have sustained so we can negotiate for the maximum possible compensation on your behalf.
- We will stand up for you: Handling communication with insurance companies can be stressful. We want our clients to focus their energy on recovery, so we will field all the calls and stand up to the big insurance companies for you.
Rest and recovery are where our client’s focus should remain. We can do the work of securing compensation while our clients have the peace of mind of knowing they can focus on the difficult job of healing.
Common Injuries Sustained in Uber or Lyft Accidents
While any time you are in a car, you stand the risk of having an accident. Often, ridesharing services are a responsible way to stay safe.
But, it is important to note that rideshare drivers are under pressure and are often more distracted because they are driving in unfamiliar areas, being hospitable to their passengers, following GPS directions, and fielding notifications from their work app. These factors can mean the chances of being in a rideshare accident increase. Listed below are some common injuries sustained in Uber or Lyft accidents:
- Fractures and dislocations: Broken bones and dislocations are common injuries in automobile accidents involving Uber or Lyft drivers.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI): Traumatic brain injuries are usually caused by an impact to the head, or when a car accelerates or decelerates suddenly, the brain can slam against the inside of the skull, causing injury.
- Loss of Limbs: Amputations are not uncommon in vehicle accidents.
- Cuts, puncture wounds, and bruises: Lacerations and other soft tissue wounds are one of the most commonly seen car accident injuries.
- Internal damage: Internal bleeding or damage to internal organs may not be evident at the scene, which makes it important to be checked out by medical professionals promptly.
- Back and neck injuries: Back and neck injuries, including spinal cord injuries, can mean a difficult recovery or even a lifelong disability. The victim of a Lyft or Uber accident could experience anything from whiplash to paralysis, depending on the severity of the back or neck injury.
- Scarring and disfigurement: After the initial cuts and bruises have healed, it may be evident that the Uber accident victim is going to suffer disfigurement or scarring. This can lead to shame, embarrassment, costly cosmetic procedures, and social angst.
- Crush injuries: Crush injuries are excruciating and often challenging to treat. They can happen due to motor vehicle accidents involving Uber and Lyft services.
- Burns: If the car catches on fire or there is an explosion, burn injuries are sure to follow. These are painful and need specialized treatment. They can result in long-term disfigurement.
Pursuing Damages Following a Columbia Uber or Lyft Collision
One of the goals of Shelley Leeke Law Firm is to ensure our clients get the medical care required to heal and return to their everyday lives as much as possible. If you or a loved one has been injured in an Uber or Lyft Accident, you may be entitled to the following damages:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Financial difficulties
- Emotional anguish
- Pain and suffering
- Physical, psychological, and occupational therapy
- Anxiety disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Loss of enjoyment of life
We will look at every aspect of your life to determine the real repercussions of your injuries so that we can pursue compensation for all that you have lost.
Get in Touch Today About Your Rideshare Accident in Columbia, SC
An Uber and Lyft accident lawyer in Columbia understands how to manage those complications. Following an Uber or Lyft accident, having strong counsel beside you every step of the way is critical to receiving the restitution you are due. Contact the skilled professionals at Shelley Leeke Law Firm so that we can begin advocating for you.