You can book a rideshare in Greenville and expect a great experience. In the worst-case scenario, however, your driver can cause an accident. If you are injured in this accident, you can and should pursue damages.
At the Shelly Leeke Law Firm, we handle rideshare cases. Get in touch with our Greenville rideshare accident attorney today. From here, we can evaluate your case and help you determine how to proceed with it.
Rideshare Accidents Can Happen at Any Time in Greenville
There are minimal requirements to become a rideshare driver. Since there is a low barrier to entry, just about anyone with a driver’s license and a car can work as a rideshare driver. This creates many job opportunities for people across the United States, along with risks for rideshare passengers.
If you travel in a rideshare, you may be involved in an accident for many reasons, such as:
- Distracted Driver: A distracted driver may be more focused on looking at their smartphone and finding their next fare than following the rules of the road, resulting in an accident.
- Poor Weather Conditions: A driver may travel quickly, even in inclement weather, which increases the risk of an accident.
- Inexperience Driver: A driver who lacks experience behind the wheel may feel increasingly stressed about navigating the roads, which may ultimately lead to an accident.
Following a rideshare accident in Greenville, it is paramount to go to a doctor and get medical help. Also, you should seek out a Greenville rideshare accident lawyer. You can then get insights into what it takes to file a lawsuit against any at-fault parties.
For a free legal consultation with a rideshare accidents lawyer serving Greenville, call 1-844-736-8342
Multiple Parties May Be Responsible for a Rideshare Accident in Greenville
In a Greenville rideshare accident case, you may be able to sue the following parties:
- The rideshare driver
- The rideshare company
- Both the rideshare driver and company
A rideshare accident lawyer in Greenville will take a look at your case and help you decide who to sue. Regardless of who is at fault in your accident, your lawyer will encourage you to request economic and non-economic damages. That way, you can pursue compensation that you can use to cover your short- and long-term losses.
Greenville Rideshare Accident Lawyer Near Me 1-844-736-8342
What to Expect in Damages in a Greenville Rideshare Accident Lawsuit
The case results in rideshare accident lawsuits vary. You may be able to pursue damages for many reasons as part of a rideshare accident lawsuit, such as:
- The costs of any medical treatments you receive for your injury
- Any wages you lose due to the fact that your injury forces you to miss work
- Damages for any pain or suffering you incur due to your injury
A rideshare accident attorney in Greenville can help you calculate the damages you have incurred to date. In addition, the lawyer will ensure you account for any long-term expenses. Next, the lawyer will make sure you request a fair amount of compensation — and present a compelling argument in court.
Click to contact our South Carolina Rideshare Accident Attorney today
How You Can Get a Settlement Offer in a Greenville Rideshare Accident Case
A defendant may be scared of losing their case. In this instance, the defendant may put together a settlement proposal. The defendant can share this offer with your attorney, and you have the final say on it.
If you get a settlement proposal, here is what you should do:
- Review the offer with your attorney. Ask your attorney to share their thoughts and feedback about the offer and get insights into all it encompasses.
- Consider the immediate and long-term ramifications of any decision you make. Think about what can happen in the short- and long term if you accept, reject, or counter a settlement offer.
- Finalize your decision. Make a choice that instills confidence, and do not rush to make your final decision.
It is important to take as much time as needed to figure out how to proceed with a settlement offer. If a settlement offer does not meet your expectations, there is no obligation to accept it. At this time, you can decline the proposal and continue to build your argument.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What to Expect Leading Up to the Trial Date in Your Greenville Rideshare Accident Case
Your attorney wants to make the most of the time available before your trial date. As such, your lawyer will get you up to speed on the trial process. To do so, your attorney will explain:
- Who will be present during your trial
- How long your trial may last
- When you should expect a judge or jury to make a decision about your case
Your lawyer can answer common questions about a slip and fall accident trial and other legal topics. Thus, if you have legal questions, you can share them with your attorney. This allows you to get insights you can use to prepare as much as possible for your trial date.
How Your Greenville Rideshare Accident Trial Will Turn Out
A Greenville rideshare accident trial can be difficult to predict. To position yourself for legal success, your attorney will gather a wealth of evidence to present during your trial. Your lawyer will also look for witnesses who can provide information to support your request for damages.
When a judge or jury initiates a trial, no assumptions are made. Rather, a judge or jury will listen to what both parties have to say. Finally, a judge or jury will render any of the following decisions:
- A defendant is fully responsible for a plaintiff’s injury, and the plaintiff is awarded the full amount of damages requested.
- A defendant is partly responsible for a plaintiff’s injury, and the plaintiff is awarded a portion of the damages requested.
- A defendant is not responsible for a plaintiff’s injury, and the plaintiff is awarded no damages.
Your lawyer will advocate for you throughout your trial. At your trial’s conclusion, your attorney will present a final argument to urge a judge or jury to rule in your favor. If your argument is strong, you are well equipped to secure the most damages possible.
Navigate the Legal Process with Help from a Greenville Rideshare Accident Lawyer
The Shelly Leeke Law Firm can connect you with a Greenville rideshare accident attorney. We are here to help you file your rideshare accident lawsuit and pursue the maximum amount of damages from any negligent parties. To get started, please contact us today.
Call or text 1-844-736-8342 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form