If you are injured due to a defective product in North Charleston, legal help is available. In this instance, you can seek damages against the product manufacturer. You may be eligible to receive thousands of dollars in damages.
The Shelly Leeke Law Firm is a leading choice for those in need of legal help with a product liability lawsuit. Reach out to our North Charleston product liability attorney today. We can review your case and help you file your lawsuit.
How Product Liability Law Works in North Charleston
Under product liability law, a manufacturer has an obligation to provide customers with products that are free of defects. To do so, the manufacturer must perform stringent testing to make sure its products are safe before they reach customers. If the manufacturer fails to do so, it can be held financially responsible for any injuries that occur due to product defects.
There are three categories of product defects:
- Manufacturing: A manufacturing defect occurs when a product goes into production and is not made properly.
- Design: A flawed design can make a product dangerous to consumers.
- Communication: A communication defect takes place when a manufacturer does not give customers instructions on how to safely use its product or does not provide details about potential risks or hazards.
A North Charleston product liability lawyer can explain the ins and outs of product liability law. If you suffered an injury due to a defective product, the lawyer can take a look at your claim. The attorney can then help you decide if now is the right time to move forward with a product liability lawsuit.
For a free legal consultation with a product liability lawyer serving North Charleston, call 1-844-736-8342
Types of Damages You Can Receive in a North Charleston Product Liability Lawsuit
Those who are injured due to a defective product can pursue damages for several reasons, including:
- Medical Bills: You can request compensation for the costs of any doctor’s appointments and medical treatments relating to your injury.
- Lost Wages: If you are forced to miss work due to your injury, you can request compensation for your lost wages.
- Pain and Suffering: You can pursue damages for any pain and suffering you incurred due to your injury.
- Emotional Distress: If your injury impacts your emotional well-being, you can pursue compensation for emotional distress.
A product liability lawyer in North Charleston will encourage their client to seek the most damages possible. By partnering with an attorney who is familiar with product liability law, you can get plenty of insights into the damages you can pursue. Your attorney can help you request economic and non-economic damages as part of a product liability lawsuit.
North Charleston Product Liability Lawyer Near Me 1-844-736-8342
How the Process of a Product Liability Lawsuit in North Charleston Goes
You have a maximum of three years to file a product liability lawsuit. If you wait more than three years, you lose the right to seek damages. At this time, you are fully responsible for any expenses relating to your injury.
By partnering with an experienced product liability attorney in North Charleston, you can file your lawsuit right away. Here is what will happen once your lawsuit is filed:
- Evidence-Gathering: You and your attorney can collect medical reports that highlight the extent of your injury and other evidence to support your request for damages.
- Trial Preparation: Your lawyer will help you get ready for your trial so you know what to expect when you enter the courtroom.
- Communications with Your Attorney: You and your lawyer will keep the lines of communication open to ensure that everything stays on track as you move forward with your lawsuit.
It can take months or years to resolve a product liability case. Your lawyer remains accessible, and if you ever have legal concerns or questions, your attorney can answer them. That way, you can get the help you need to put your best foot forward throughout your litigation.
Click to contact our South Carolina Product Liability Attorney today
How a Defendant Will Respond to a Product Liability Lawsuit in North Charleston
You should expect a defendant to do everything possible to contest your claim against them. Regardless, your attorney will help you plan accordingly. Your lawyer will make sure you are in a great position to present a compelling argument that resonates with a judge or jury.
There can be times when a defendant feels like the evidence in a lawsuit is stacked against them. At these times, the defendant may propose a settlement. If this happens, you have three options:
- Accept the Settlement: If you approve the settlement, your case is closed, but you may only get a portion of the damages you initially requested.
- Decline the Settlement: By rejecting the settlement, nothing changes, and you continue with your litigation.
- Counter the Settlement: You can propose a counteroffer in the hopes of resolving the case, and the defendant can accept, decline, or counter your proposal.
If you receive a settlement offer, review it closely. Your attorney can help you determine how to proceed with the offer. If the offer does not match your requirements, you should not hesitate to decline it.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
A Judge or Jury Determines the Damages You Receive in a Product Liability Lawsuit in North Charleston
If your case moves to trial, a judge or jury will render the final decision. A judge or jury will view evidence and hear testimony from both sides. After reviewing all of this information, a decision is made.
A judge or jury can make any of the following decisions in a product liability case:
- You Receive Full Damages: You get the full amount of the damages you requested.
- You Receive Partial Damages: You are found partly responsible for your injury and are awarded a portion of the damages you requested.
- You Receive No Damages: The defendant has no responsibility for your injury, and you receive no damages.
The best product liability attorney has a track record of success. This lawyer advocates for their client and does everything in their power to help this individual secure the most damages possible. If successful, the lawyer ensures their client presents a strong argument that makes it easy for a judge or jury to see why this individual should be awarded full damages.
Partner with a North Charleston Product Liability Attorney
The Shelly Leeke Law Firm is available to help you with your product liability case. Our attorney can evaluate your case and help you with your lawsuit. To learn more or request a free consultation, please contact us today.
Call or text 1-844-736-8342 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form