Manufacturers, distributors, and sellers may be held liable for defective items causing injuries to consumers of their products. Severe injuries and even death can result when a product fails to function as it intended. Injury victims are left to face large businesses and corporations, holding them accountable for a product’s defects and the injuries they have suffered.
Shelly Leeke Law Firm is dedicated to protecting Myrtle Beach consumers, proving an item was defective, and the injuries sustained resulted from the defect. Determining who is accountable for the damages is challenging, and a Myrtle Beach personal injury lawyer will unfalteringly pursue a product liability claim for you, taking on the fight for you while you recover from your injuries.
Determining if You Have a Product Liability Claim
Consumers in Myrtle Beach have the right to expect products to perform as intended without being injured. Product liability laws provide a course of legal action when an item fails to meet this standard. Three types of defects are generally represented in product liability claims.
- A defect in manufacturing creates flaws or irregularities, resulting in injury.
- Failing to warn about the potential dangers associated with a product, improper advertising, or marketing left the consumer reasonably unaware of the potential hazards of using the product.
- The product’s design led to injury, and a more reasonable design or construction existed that could have prevented the injuries from occurring while still allowing for an affordable cost, similar function, and safety in production.
In assessing if you have a product liability claim, a Myrtle Beach product liability lawyer will research other product liability claims to determine if previous legal action has occurred due to the defective product. We will also examine the entire distribution chain and effectively identify who is responsible for your injuries. This scrutinization can be complicated, but Shelly Leeke Law Firm is committed to your safety, healing, and ensuring compensation.
Contact Us Immediately to Start a Product Liability Claim
Not waiting to contact a South Carolina product liability lawyer in Myrtle Beach after you are injured is critical. Shelly Leeke Law Firm has a solid grasp of the state laws governing defective products and will file the appropriate paperwork within the statute of limitations (S.C. Code §15-3-530) that governs product liability claims. While an individual has three years to seek action in these cases, waiting often results in the loss of critical evidence and documentation, such as:
- Medical documentation linking the defective product to the injuries
- The product that caused the injury
- Photographs capturing the extent of the damages
- Valuable eyewitness statements
- Any time-sensitive recorded documentation, such as security camera or highway camera footage
Our team wants to build the most robust case possible for you. In doing so, we are often able to avoid lengthy court proceedings. Shelly Leeke Law Firm supplies you with the knowledge you need to make the best personal decision regarding the outcome of your claim or lawsuit.
Common Products in Product Liability Claims
It may be challenging to know whether your actions resulted in the injury or a defect led to the damages you suffer. Let us determine who is responsible and take the worry from you. Defects in these everyday products may have caused your injuries.
- Automobile parts, such as tires, brakes, and airbags, may have defects, leading to an accident or loss of protection during a crash.
- Children’s toys that do not function properly or lack labeling can lead to injury and pain and suffering.
- Medications, both over-the-counter and prescribed, can be contaminated or may not include a complete list of side effects and medication interactions.
- Home improvement tools may have inadequate safety information to ensure safe handling.
- Home furniture without the correct warnings and safety features for stability may lead to crushing injuries.
Any product has the potential to cause harm or death, leaving injury victims unsure of where to turn. In recent years, injuries from faulty products have continued to increase in the U.S., with 12.7 million people requiring emergency treatment due to their injuries, according to the National Safety Council (NSC). These are shocking statistics, and an experienced product liability attorney in Myrtle Beach can work to secure your compensation for medical damages.
Damages Available in Myrtle Beach Product Liability Claims
Compensatory damages are available for your injuries. The compensation you receive will reflect the extent of the damages you have suffered. Many individuals are unaware of the damages available to them, such as the costs associated with:
- Medical expenses for treatments, diagnostics, and follow-up care
- Loss of income and earning potential
- Transportation to doctor appointments
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Loss of enjoyment of life
If a product’s defect results in the death of a loved one, work with a compassionate Myrtle Beach product liability attorney to discuss the impacts of wrongful death in South Carolina. We are committed to helping you through the aftermath of a catastrophic loss. We are advocates in your greatest time of need.
Why Choose Us
The Shelly Leeke Law Firm team is committed to the Lowcountry community, including Myrtle Beach. For over a decade, we have offered sound guidance in some of the most challenging cases to ensure our clients are compensated fairly. Case results for past clients may not directly reflect the compensation you receive, but they indicate our dedication to solid outcomes for every client we serve.
Shelly Leeke, the founder of Shelly Leeke Law Firm, is from South Carolina and has received various awards for her work as a South Carolina attorney. But we are also a team of lawyers working together to serve our community, improving the lives of the people around us.
We pool our knowledge to be the formidable support that each client deserves as we strive to help individuals find their footing in life again. Our free case consultation lets us know how we can serve you better and puts your mind at ease that you are choosing an exceptional product liability lawyer in Myrtle Beach.
Discuss Your Injuries with a Myrtle Beach Product Liability Attorney
It is understandable to have questions about product liability and compensation for your injuries. Let us find the answers while working for you. Contact us today at Shelly Leeke Law Firm.