If you have ever found yourself in a work-related injury or occupational illness, a Mt. Pleasant worker’s compensation lawyer may be able to help you recover what you’ve lost.
When you suffer a work injury or come down with an illness or disease, contact the Shelly Leeke Law Firm. A worker’s compensation lawyer in Mt. Pleasant, SC, can help you get back on track and get your bills squared away while you cannot work. Over the years, the amount of workers’ compensation claims being filed has risen.
A short-term illness or even a disability suffered can put your life in turmoil. But workers’ compensation benefits can help ease the blow suffered to your wallet. Our Mt. Pleasant workers compensation attorneys are ready to work tirelessly on your case, so you can focus on recovery and healing.
How Can I Get Workers’ Compensation?
Workers’ compensation is a type of insurance that covers an employee that gets injured while working. This is a safety net designed to help an individual that suffers an injury with a plethora of expenses that they accrue due to the incident at work. This insurance is paid regardless of liability.
Employers benefit from this compensation too. They do not have to worry about the backlash from accidents at work because they are covered. The incident should be reported to the insurance company within 90 days of the accident and then relayed from the insurer to the South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Commission.
Who Is Eligible for Workers’ Compensation?
Employees that work in South Carolina have a great chance to be candidates for workers’ compensation benefits. You may be eligible for benefits if:
- You work for an employer with more than four employees working for them.
- Your injuries were a result of a work-related injury.
- Your injury he opened while on the clock.
- If you developed a health condition due to the working conditions of your employer.
If you or a loved one thinks they have a case for eligibility, you should seek the advice of a workers’ compensation lawyer. Shelly Leeke Law Firm will provide you with a complimentary consultation so we can review your case and see if your circumstances warrant a claim.
What Benefits Can I Recover with a Worker’s’ Compensation Lawyer?
A workplace injury can vary in its severity. The severity of your injury plays a significant factor in your compensation. The time away from your work duties also contributes to the overall decision.
The following are some areas in which workers can receive compensation benefits:
- Vocational Rehabilitation: When your injuries are so severe that you will not be able to continue working in the same industry, you can rely on your employer’s workers’ compensation protection coverage to cover the costs of on-the-job training or education opportunities so you have your greatest chance to re-enter the workforce at no cost to you.
- Medical Expenses: Medical bills are one of the most stressful parts of an injury. Medical expenses include hospital prescriptions and any other health-related hit your wallet may have taken.
- Disability Compensation: The compensation you will be awarded for your disability is based on your injury’s severity. If your injury does not prevent you from returning to work in some capacity, you may only be awarded a small amount; still, a permanent disability may warrant a more significant return.
- Death Benefits: In the tragic case you may have lost a loved one during a work injury, contact our legal staff for help moving forward. You may be able to recover burial expenses along with other funeral-related expenditures.
What if My Workers’ Compensation Claim Gets Denied?
If your claim is denied, do not worry. You should expect your employer will fight your case, as they want to pay you as little as they can get away with paying. We can ask for the insurer to review the claim as well as go through the appeals process for you.
We will have a workers’ compensation attorney contact you to review your case. We will go over all the available options for your case, along with discussing the reasons for being rejected.
Contact our lawyers if you are contemplating a negotiation or an appeal for your claim. We can walk you through filing a request with the South Carolina Circuit Court or Workers’ Compensation Commission.
The Difference a Lawyer Can Make
When you file a workers’ compensation claim, you become the opponent. You will not be greeted with warm hugs and smiles. The process will be a long and grueling journey if chosen to be attempted alone.
While you are not required to hire a lawyer when filing a claim, it may be a brilliant idea to do just that. Some reasons it may be beneficial to have an attorney on your side are as follows:
- A conflict may start between the two parties even if no prior incidents were documented.
- Employers may have extensive resources within their insurance company that may make it difficult to fight back alone.
- You may be required to show proof of your wages lost during the claim process.
- You may be required to see a doctor decided by your employer and their insurance company.
When you choose a knowledgeable workers’ compensation attorney, you get the piece of fine that comes with it. We will stand beside you and fight for all the benefits you may receive from your employer’s negligence.
Contact a Workers’ Compensation Attorney in Mt. Pleasant Today for Help
If all legal processes seem intimidating or overwhelming, do not worry – we can help. If you have considered bringing your bicycle accident case to court or filing a claim with the insurance company, you are not alone. It would be wise if you were backed by the legal support of an experienced Mt. Pleasant workers’ compensation lawyer.
Get in touch with Shelly Leeke Law Firm to learn more about how much compensation you may be entitled to. Our team will fight to make the liable party pay you for all the damage done and get the justice you deserve. Please fill out our convenient contact form or call to schedule your risk-free consultation today at cost.